Rustler 31 vs Vancouver 27

Nina Lucia

Visit site
Rustler 31 vs Vancouver 27, pros and cons,
We have Vancouver 27 and we are looking for slightly bigger cruiser, and then this nice looking Rustler 31 came up. Will be this good swap/ exchange?
What will we gain?
They are both same age and similar condition, so I presume more less, similar price
I would be so grateful for all coments
Thanks

sarabande

Visit site
If a Rustler 31 and the V27 are similar prices, then there's something wrong somewhere.

Is the R31 the one on ebay ?

Nina Lucia

Visit site
We have Vancouver 27 and we are looking for slightly bigger cruiser, and then this nice looking Rustler 31 came up. Will be this good swap/ exchange?
What will we gain?
They are both same age and similar condition, so I presume more less, similar price
Thanks

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
Funnily enough I spent much of last year going round these traps myself along with the Halmatic 30 and Nic 31 and 32 - and then I bought an Ohlson 38!

But I would select the Rustler over the Vancouver 27 - much nicer hull form I think. I did look at a V32 within the price range and was distinctly under whelmed by the cabin layout on that particular boat.

Last edited:

sailorman

Visit site
Funnily enough I spent much of last year going round these traps myself along with the Halmatic 30 and Nic 31 and 32 - and then I bought an Ohlson 38!

But I would select the Rustler over the Vancouver 27 - much nicer hull form I think. I did look at a V32 within the price range and was distinctly under whelmed by the cabin layout on that particular boat.

Rustler is a Kim Holman design & always designed nice yachts

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Unless you have one of the few V274s you will get a usable forepeak on the Rustler she will be a tad faster certainly not 2knts faster. Other than that I think you will find them generally similar.

i_sail

Visit site
What will we gain?
Thanks

I have a Rustler 31 with a brand new Yanmar 15hp engine installed with Volvo dripless seal, new batteries and cables, new exhaust system, new Vetus throttle unit and cables, new DZR corrosion resistant skin fittings and sea cocks, 5 sails including spinnaker, 1982 model, going to put onto market in next week or so, asking £18000