RTIR Photographer?

Pkewish

Visit site
Does anyone know the name, website or contact details of the photographer bobbing around in an orange RIB just past the needle on Saturday morning. He took a few pics of us as we went passed and I'd love to get a copy. Having good pics of ones own boat sailing is rare.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Talulah

Visit site
One of the photography boats was severley impacted by a catamaran in the race.
The photographer was taking a picture of Nautica, new Clipper 70 at the time with the crew shouting and pointing "Behind you."
The impact almost certainly caused whip lash if nothing else.

farmerdan79

Visit site
I'd be great if there was a list of all the photographers that were out during the race. - Can anyone name the chap who was in the little blue RIB in the western solent,- I'm sure he got a cracking shot of us with the chute up...

Pkewish

Visit site
I'd be great if there was a list of all the photographers that were out during the race. - Can anyone name the chap who was in the little blue RIB in the western solent,- I'm sure he got a cracking shot of us with the chute up...
FarmerDan - I have found this guy, try giving him a ring 07971 106757.

flaming

Visit site

Probably Paul Wyeth - http://www.pwpictures.com/

He hasn't put his RTI pics up yet, but almost certainly will at some stage this week. Lovely bloke to deal with too, we have a number of his!

tjanna

Visit site
Does anyone know the name, website or contact details of the photographer bobbing around in an orange RIB just past the needle on Saturday morning. He took a few pics of us as we went passed and I'd love to get a copy. Having good pics of ones own boat sailing is rare.

Thanks in advance

Peter

I was snapping photo's whenever the opportunity allowed. What was your sail number/spinniker colour/boat name. I may have taken one of you.

Gareth

Pkewish

Visit site
I was snapping photo's whenever the opportunity allowed. What was your sail number/spinniker colour/boat name. I may have taken one of you.

Gareth
Gareth, Sail Number GBR3216L, Kite never got up, white boat with red dodgers and UV strip called Jenn-Oh. I'd be really grateful if you could.

tjanna

Visit site
Gareth, Sail Number GBR3216L, Kite never got up, white boat with red dodgers and UV strip called Jenn-Oh. I'd be really grateful if you could.

Sorry no luck! You could also try http://www.sailingscenes.co.uk/ I know he was there, have him in a couple of my shots.

I have a nice photo in front of the needles spinnakers up of GBR8889, GBR3001
IMG_0271.jpg

Nice one of Buglar of Hornet spinnaker up also.

Gareth

Pkewish

Visit site
Sorry no luck! You could also try http://www.sailingscenes.co.uk/ I know he was there, have him in a couple of my shots.

I have a nice photo in front of the needles spinnakers up of GBR8889, GBR3001
View attachment 32382

Nice one of Buglar of Hornet spinnaker up also.

Gareth
Thanks Gareth,

I think I have solved the riddle...

sailingscenes.co.uk was in a black RIB
boatphotos.co.uk was in the sunseeker
Both were hovering around the needles throughout the race and, at the point of writing this, neither have managed to completely upload their shots yet. Thanks for all your help though.

Cloona

Visit site
boatphotos.co.uk have uploaded - some fantastic stuff - looks like they tried to get everyone - good work !!

PhillM

Visit site
So does anyone know the contact for the orange rib. We ended up in the race fleet by Ryde - Osborne bay and def had our photo taken.

Doug_Stormforce

www.stormforce.biz
Peter

I was out in a blue and orange RIB with another photographer in that vicinity for a couple of hours, we were specifically there to catch our own boats but snapped a few others when there were gaps between ours.
Which boat where you? ( name, type, hull color, sail number)

EDIT

Sorry just seen your earlier post with sail number and hull decsription, had a look through my images and NOT GUILTY, sorry

Last edited:

Pkewish

Visit site
Peter

I was out in a blue and orange RIB with another photographer in that vicinity for a couple of hours, we were specifically there to catch our own boats but snapped a few others when there were gaps between ours.
Which boat where you? ( name, type, hull color, sail number)

EDIT

Sorry just seen your earlier post with sail number and hull decsription, had a look through my images and NOT GUILTY, sorry

Thanks for looking anyway. I've trawled all of the sites (i think) but no luck, I just have to do it again next year!