Round The Island Race

Jurgen

Visit site
Hi all, already manic on the Hamble. Many boats preparing and leaving to start the race.

Where is the best place to watch the race from without being a hazard to the race?

If anyone is around give us a wave or pop over for a cheeky one or two on Evenstar

Regards

Andy

STEVEDUNSTABLE

sites.google.com
Thinking along the lines of a wang down to Poole ....nuff sed !!!!!.......... at the moment, the rag n stickys aint goin anywhere !!!................. not a breath !!!!.......

Elessar

Visit site
Hi all, already manic on the Hamble. Many boats preparing and leaving to start the race.

Where is the best place to watch the race from without being a hazard to the race?

If anyone is around give us a wave or pop over for a cheeky one or two on Evenstar

Regards

Andy

I'll be in osbourne bay later andy

bradtarga34

Visit site
Heading off the Folly Moorings shortly to see what's happening, or not as the case may be, certainly cracking weather for us mobo's! Now, where did I put that sunscreen... Keep an eye out for Oudrageous, visiting from the Thames and our first full weekend and what a weekend, can you tell I'm excited :)

AIDY

www.ybw.com
looks like it's a drifting contest at the needles and getting very friendly.... bramble net suggest gusts of force 2.... a lot of DNF when the time limit runs out.

[2068]

Visit site
In any race, there are winners:

IMG_0261.JPG

There are runners up:

IMG_0284.JPG

And there are the "rest" :)

IMG_0290.JPG

Last edited:

Jurgen

Visit site
**** day yesterday, just got to the top of Southampton water and the power steering pump belt let loose so hobbled into Hamble Point for 2 hours in the engine bay!

Headed back out and just as we reached the last 6knt post had a over heat alarm sound so back to Port Hamble. Turns out just sucked up some weed.

Hoping for better luck today, thinking of heading to Newtown Creek or Osbourne bay

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
About 400 boats retired and started their engines as it took so long to get round. I was crew on a J105, good fun despite the light winds and being becalmed for about 2 hours on the south side of the island, and we did finish at least.

Pinnacle

Visit site
Interesting stats Pete.

What happened to the other 78 boats then? :encouragement:

Great Photos Dave! :cool:
Thanks for posting

RR

I think this is the first year I can think of when I have been happy not to have been taking part.......and that says a lot! :D

Pinnacle

Visit site
We actually enjoyed it! Bloody hard work concentrating for 11 hours 33 minutes but it was worth it to finish and get a good result. (60th overall in ISCRS)

Nick

Congrats on a great result! We spent a large part of the day in Osborne Bay taking shade from the sun. It must have been (at least at times) very hot and frustrating. I hope you all had lots of sunscreen on!

Other threads that may be of interest