Romilly centre-board problem

AOWYN

www.clinksystems.com
I have a Romilly with a winch for lifting (and lowering) the ballasted centreboard. I am trying to find out what model or make of winch is used. It is failing badly, I need help and the original builder no longer makes the boat.
The winch uses a standard sheet winch handle and drives a shaft with a webbing strap. It is currently impossible to remove and I need to discuss the problems with the manufacturer, but cannot find any names or details on the equipment.

Any ideas?

tritonofnor

Visit site
Try contacting the Bridgend Boat co on 01752 404082. The current owner has worked there for some while, and may be able to put you in contact with Richard Checkley, the original builder. I would be surprised if they didn't have purchase records from the original build somewhere...

drocke

Visit site
I have a similar problem and have contacted Bridgend Boat. Waiting for info re make of winch. It is possible to remove winch by unscrewing srews round outside of winch on both sides of the plate casing and carefully prizing out. Be careful not to damage gelcoat.. Problem seems to be lack of lubrication and seized ptfe bushes.