Rigging service required Dodecanese Greece

Katia

Visit site
Hi everybody,

does anyone know of a mobile rigging service in the Dodecanese area ? I need to add a staysail and running backstays on my Hallberg Rassy 40.

Any recommendations you may have will be welcomed and much appreciated.

Thanks
Katia

wwalsh

Visit site
moor and dock leros has rigging service

There is better choice at athens (meltemi, platonsea, kafetzidakis) and meltemi have a mobile service from athens i have seen them various places including kilada.

Katia

Visit site
It's not a matter of money we've already tried with Morre & Dock after 3 weeks they were not able to provide an offer and an estimated start of work.

grumpygit

Visit site
Hi everybody,

does anyone know of a mobile rigging service in the Dodecanese area ? I need to add a staysail and running backstays on my Hallberg Rassy 40.

Any recommendations you may have will be welcomed and much appreciated.

Thanks
Katia

With you being so close you could try Turkey, although I can't recommend anyone through experience a Google search will give you some options . . . it will probably be a lot cheaper there also.

Katia

Visit site
Turkey is not cheaper anymore. There are extra costs due to duty tax on materials and the marinas ask €100 to berth a 40 boat in November.

JFowler

Visit site
Moor & Dock don’t employ any riggers- the whole operation will be subcontracted, plus their mark up.
It is however a relatively cheap place to store a boat ashore.
They do have very good mechanics for engine/ gearboxes work.

Katia

Visit site
Hi everybody,

thank you all for your advice.

I contacted the Meltemi rigging in Athens and they recommended George manager of Artemis boatyard in Leros who works with them and will take care of the job under their supervision.

I hope that helps for anyone who is looking for a skilled rigger in this area.