Rigging in Portsmouth

dave_gibsea

Visit site
I need to renew my standing rigging this winter, its a simple rig on a 26 footer, any recommendations?
Last time we did this was about 12 years ago but I cant remember the guy who did it (he was really helpful/friendly). Thanks

C08

Visit site
I used XW rigging in Gosport ten years ago. Very competitive on price and helpful. They made up the rigging and I replaced it bit by bit.

laika

Visit site
Having experience of 3 of the Gosport options I'm aware of, I'd pick Jerry (per Robih above) without hesitation. He might not always win full marks for punctuality, but I'll definitely take that in return for him being a really nice bloke who does good work at a very fair price.

Last edited:

davethedog

Visit site
We used XW a few years ago for all the standing rigging on our 41ft AWB and we are very very happy with the result.

Driftingby

Visit site
Another vote for XW, they did my replacement mast two years ago. Should add it's a Sadler 25 so similar size to OP

Last edited:

KompetentKrew

Visit site
I got an appointment with Jerry by turning up and catching him at his unit in Gosport. He apologised for not returning my calls and texts and, picking up his dairy, walked across to book a crane at the boatyard for lifting my mast. I had no problems with punctuality once it was in his dairy.

I like Jerry a lot as an individual, so have been reluctant to tattle about him on here - he told me he'd take care of all the wiring up the mast, and then just snipped the lot of it with pliers. Once the mast was back on the wires were rejoined with choccy blocks, but the radar no longer works. Shrugs shoulders - "sorry mate".

I got a quote from Martin Leaning and he was everything Jerry wasn't - he has a secretary / admin assistant who was very efficient and I had a quote within about 10 days of my initial phonecall. The quote specified that the electrics should be taken care of by the owner, or an electrician will be charged for - £250, I think.