RiB hire Sardinia

Minor Incident

Visit site
Hi all, been a while :)

I'm going on holiday to Sardinia in a few weeks and interested in anyone's experience of hiring an 8 to 10m RIB for a day on the water.

We are staying near Porto Rotondo on the date we are looking to hire.

If you have a recommendation for a reputable boat hire company in that area and what I should be considering as payment, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Thanks Gary

jfm

Visit site
There are several RIB hire places in the SW corner of Porto Rotondo. I don't remember the names but have walked past them plenty - easily found on google and bookable in advance, or you could just walk up. You definitely need current ICC and passport for bareboat charter. VERY nice area. Prices are very cheap: about €200/day at the smaller shabbier end, say 6.5-7m and 5-6 years old, and €4-500/day for a swankier rib, say 8m and 200+hp and ~3 years old. At 10m you are verging on them insisting on a skipper rather than bareboat.

Minor Incident

Visit site
There are several RIB hire places in the SW corner of Porto Rotondo. I don't remember the names but have walked past them plenty - easily found on google and bookable in advance, or you could just walk up. You definitely need current ICC and passport for bareboat charter. VERY nice area. Prices are very cheap: about €200/day at the smaller shabbier end, say 6.5-7m and 5-6 years old, and €4-500/day for a swankier rib, say 8m and 200+hp and ~3 years old. At 10m you are verging on them insisting on a skipper rather than bareboat.
Thanks and good to hear from you, Rafiki tells me you're well 👍

I've taken a look at your suggestions for an 8m + RIB and found one at €350 for a Cayman Sport 26 (2023) so will likely go with that.

All the best Gary (cannot seem to login to my ogaryo account at the moment)

oGaryo

Visit site
Back in to my original account after a password reset.

I've booked a Raieri Cayman sport 26 with Dream Rental Boat (contact name Virginia) for the 13th June.

Thanks for you advice guys