Restored Herring Drifter 'Swan'

bazza-b

Visit site
Beautiful sight, H, thanks, a bit (i.e. a lot) too advanced for me (see 'First post, first boat') but simultaneously both a classic and the most contemporary eco/enviro awareness. I like the irony of this speedster being a drifter. bb.

Superslooper

Visit site
Lovely to see an old girl like that doing speed and showing what shes got. I see there is a good strong tide and a tail wind that must have been so exhilrating on board just look at the background scenery diasapearing at speed.

bf494.co.uk
one day in a land and time far far away, pansy will be back to that!

in me dreams any road, same hull, same size, just need to get divorced and sell everything I own including both kidneys to bring the dream a bit closer to reality!

thats a hell of a speed though, 12knots?? maybe more??

srm

Visit site
Having sailed on her, and knowing the waters, boat is probably making around 8 to 10 knots as she is well reefed plus 3 or 4 knots of tide.

Impressive, wish I had been there.

TRH

Visit site
A bit of History

How good is that, bringing history alive just to think the sea had hundreds of these boats on it in days gone bye.Thanks for showing me the past.

bf494.co.uk
probably thousands once upon a time, the moray firth alone probably had several hundred of the lads

only a handful left now

595.jpg

OGITD

Visit site
Wow indeed!

Just superb to see an old girl restored and doing what she does best.
My great grandfather had a number of fishing smacks running out of Fleetwood...I wonder if any gave a similar turn of speed?
It would be fantastic to get to know her and sail in the traditional style.