Requirements for Europe

BAtoo

Visit site
Not having crossed to Europe for a few years what are the current requirements that I need to have re. paperwork, toilets and diesel for Belgium and Holland assuming a) I stay coastal hopping or b) I go inland at Vlissingen??

I have ICC, VHF cert, insurance & Part 1 registry docs.

Oh, and a passport....:D

Thanks in advance.

Stork_III

Visit site
Not having crossed to Europe for a few years what are the current requirements that I need to have re. paperwork, toilets and diesel for Belgium and Holland assuming a) I stay coastal hopping or b) I go inland at Vlissingen??

Thanks in advance.
Assuming your boat is<15m and not fast power boat, you seem to have all docs necessary. Same rules apply for 1. or 2. Red diesel only in main fuel tanks, keep receipt to show UK purchased with log of usage White deisel only in any jerrycans. No black water discharge within coastal waters or inland, holding tank not obligatory. If have VHF should be ATIS enabled but not problem in practice. ATIS not to be used in UK waters. Enjoy your trip.

Now start the arguments.

sailorman

Visit site

Thanks in advance.

Oh NO NOT AGAIN

blackball1.jpg

WindyOut

Visit site
Almost without exception, the lakes and rivers in NL have muddy bottoms. I've used Danforths and CQRs and found them both great. The comment above about a warp and a cobblestone is true enough - you'll never drag if you take a bit of care. Anchorage depths are nearly always less than 3 metres, so if a breeze gets up it's easy to throw more scope out. My favourite cruising ground by a factor too high to compute. You'll love it.

WindyOut

Tranona

Visit site
Hi All,

You will also need proof of VAT paid.

In theory, yes, in practice highly unlikely you will ever be asked for it. If the boat was purchased in UK then any VAT issues are the responsibility of HMRC not another state.

So, useful to have but not a legal requirement.