Replacement Volvo petrol

luckyjimbo

Visit site
Can anybody help, I am about to re-engine my Fairline Weekender, I feel a Volvo 4.3 duo prop 190hp will make a good re-placement, for the current "elderly BMW", maybe you could drop me a line if you know of a good firm that could help me. The boat is currently out of the water at Essex marina on the river crouch.

DepSol

Visit site
Stick a diesel in there, Marine & General are doing fab prices in Guernsey prob same as new petrol and VAT free.

Dom

luckyjimbo

Visit site
Thanks Dom, I shall try and contact them before I make any decisions, do they have a web site? or maybe you could give me a phone number. cheers James

luckyjimbo

Visit site
Hi Craig I have prices from Volspec in Essex, main Volvo dealer. volvopenta aquamatic 4.3 duo prop 190hp £4883 special boat show price until 28 Feb 2002! James

cngarrod

Visit site
Hi James,

Is that all in.. VAT / Fitting etc?

Thanks.

PS - maybe a silly question... but do you have to have a new fuel tank as well or just get the old one steam cleaned???

Geoffs

Visit site
VAT Free Diesel?

VAT free, but aren't we going to be set upon by the dreaded VATMAN on return to the mainland?

Mind you, maybe it's a case of 'What he can't see!'.

DepSol

Visit site
Re: VAT Free Diesel?

What he dont know aint gonna hurt him. Guernsey gets alot of business from boats which require major work on them or re-engine as saving money on lift in/out and no vat plus some good deals out there.

Dom

luckyjimbo

Visit site
The complete price to remove the old BMW 190 engine and fit new 4.3 volvo petrol duo prop, fit a new instrument panel and connect to original controls. LABOUR £1396 OIL AND SUNDRIES £100 VOLVO 4.3 DUO PROP ENGINE AND DRIVE £4884 TOTAL £6380 you get a three year parts and labour and includes vat.

seajay

Visit site
Hi Craig
it cost me £3200 for a New Ford diesel 2.5. 75hp
or you can have the Turbo at £5500.
or have a look at MBM May 2001 Red Duster had a new volvo penta 170HpTurbo engine and out drive DP for £13.523. Hope this may help
ps also look at http://www.castlemarine.co.uk/ for sorting out the propeller calculations.
All the best Mike.