replacement for Yanmar 3HM35 34hp

BOBBIN

Visit site
I need to re-engine as my raw water cooled Yanmar has come to the end of it's natural.

Any suggestions please as this engine is no longer produced and I wish to change to a fresh water cooled one to provide hot water etc.

Anyone with experience of replacing this particular engine could save me a bucket of pain and heartache but all suggestions to the best engine for reliability, economy and performance will be much appreciated.

dulcibella

blog.mailasail.com
I don't know what your boat is, but I have been very happy with the freshwater-cooled 35HP 4-cylinder Beta 1305 that was installed in my 1997 Rustler. Smooth-running, economical and trouble-free.

geem

Visit site
whats wrong with the engine? I have the same one.I rebuilt mine cos it looked like a complete rust ball. Its run perfectly ever since

BOBBIN

Visit site
cracked block due to a siezed stud on attempting to replace cylinder head gasket. 20 years old and has been much neglected prior to me owning the boat

geem

Visit site
shame. Fantastic engine. after 13 years mine had no measurable wear in the bores. Full gasket set and respray plus recon starter and alternator was it needed. Done 1000 hours since with no problems

TrueBlue

Visit site
Echo that : Beta have a history of producing well engineered marinizations of principally Kubota engines. Having said that they do marinise other makes as well depending on your application. They also make gen-sets.

The point of the last two items is that they are not putting all their eggs in one basket - My take is that the Kubota range of small industrial engines is probably the bes available today; their (Kubota) power plants are fitted to a huge range of products used in the UK today, dumpers, diggers, tractors, generators and probably more. The units are designed for some degree of abuse - of the sort that a typical building contractor would mete out...

Beta are a good solid British firm with a sensible approach to design and manufacture.

My connection is that of a satisfied customer, they built me an odd-ball units some ten years ago and fixed it for me this spring when a major part needed re-fettling.

To my mind they should be deserving of the reputation that Lister had in their heyday - though that might not be a recommendation is some folks eyes!