Renogy BMS switched off

mattonthesea

ayearatsea.co.uk
One of my two Renogy LiFePo4 batteries has stopped appearing on the app. The only thing that happened in the meantime was that the engineer used them to start the engine!

I am using the DC Home app to monitor the batteries but it has no control over the BMS. And I've left the info at home.

Firstly, is there a better app to use and influence the BMS?

More firstly, how can I turn it back on?

TIA

NBs

Visit site
Hi,
They are not allowed to start the engine, the BMS possibly shut itself down when too much current was flowing than allowed. You can find several instructions on you tube on how to hopefully solve the problem.

Nbs

Neeves

Visit site
One of my two Renogy LiFePo4 batteries has stopped appearing on the app. The only thing that happened in the meantime was that the engineer used them to start the engine!

I am using the DC Home app to monitor the batteries but it has no control over the BMS. And I've left the info at home.

Firstly, is there a better app to use and influence the BMS?

More firstly, how can I turn it back on?

TIA
No disrespect but why not a quick email to Renogy - or ring them with a phone.

Not using a Lithium battery as engine start or to power a windlass is oft stated (so I might worry about the knowledge of the engineer) and is the advice given - most electric cars use the same, or similar, batteries (though bigger)

So...why is the advice given

Jonathan

mattonthesea

ayearatsea.co.uk
Well blow me. I started the engine today and the second battery appeared on the app.
Thanks for the video NBs.
Yes, the engineer knew nothing about lithium, or that we had it, and ignored the "NO' on the 1 2 Both switch! But TBF we are in a small country so probably not many of us around.

Why here rather than Renogy? Because here is faster and, take breath, a greater hive mind. I've learnt more here in this parish, in combination with text, than anywhere else (eg anchor shackles). Fab 🙂

Another learning experience 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: NBs