Renewing the Canopy any suggestions

G

Can't help in the SW, but if they are anything like the South/ Thames, good ones have a huge backlog of orders, others seem to take months to even measure, and then even longer to deliver & fit.

In process of buying from Dutch broker and decided to replace the hood. Tentatively asked broker how long it would take to have made & fitted there, thinking 6 months plus. 2 weeks? Maybe sooner if your lucky. Needless to say it will be done there.

You don't want to know the price!! Try half UK. Mooring for 40 ft boat £1500, inc' wet boatyard with heat for winter!!

We must be doing something wrong.

G

AHA! Gottya Mikey, you buying a new boat and gonna keep it wiff our Dutch Cousins?

G

Speak to JB Marine in the Hamble. I have had 2 canopies from them and the quality and price has been excellent...but you might have to wait. His number is 01489 572487. If you speak to him tell him I am still waiting for my quote for my third one.

G

I'm just having my seats and covers replaced. Been waiting 5 weeks so far In Plymouth. He's sopposed to be good but I'll let you know when he's fitted mine. Or I'll never get the job done. Price !! Just say yes please.

G

Jason Hi ! If you have the old one to use as a pattern, go in land and search out a camper awning or tent maker I am sure you can get their names from yellow pages and get them to make one for you I have done it in the past at high quality and about half the cost and time of the marine versions. Best of luck Rob

G

I need a new canopy for my boat. Can anybody suggest a supplier in the SW that doesn't require the removal of one arm and one leg for payment?

Cheers,

Jason.