Removing green from spray hood

dnickj

Visit site
Another vote for patio magic - I just spray it on and leave it - the green has gone by the following week - it's best done when dry tho

Seven Spades

Visit site
I have Boracol which I use on the deck, I didn't know if it would damage the fabric. I think patio magic is the same stuff as Boracol.

ronsurf

Visit site
Patio Magic - you can get it from Wilkinsons. I had to scrub my boom cover with a brush, then left it and it washes off. I guess you'd be wise to waterproof it afterwards, so it won't go green so quick. Suspect that it went green because it's not waterproof any more....

Seven Spades

Visit site
You might be correct it is about three years old so it is probably about that time. What do you recommend for waterproofing?

VicS

Visit site
Patio Magic, apply with brush and leave for a week, any residue left can then be removed by washing with weak detergent solution..

Boracol :) its simple it works

I have Boracol which I use on the deck, I didn't know if it would damage the fabric. I think patio magic is the same stuff as Boracol.

Patio magic contains benzalkonium chloride

Boracol also contains disodium octaborate and ethane diol ( aka ethylene glycol)

Benzalkonium chloride is commonly used as an algaecide and fungicide

Disodium octaborate is also an insecticide and commonly used as a wood preservative.

Ethanediol aids penetration into wood

Unless the spray hood is suffering from wood worm I think Id stick to patio magic or one of the common domestic mould killers that are based on benzalkonium chloride. (Polycell 3 in 1 for example, which before someone finds a old msds or bottle no longer contains disodium octaborate)

jac

Visit site
+ 1 for patio magic. spray liberally. Leave for a week. Job done.

As for waterproofing - various off the shelf products are available - none that I can recommend - anything that anyone can recommend that are a simple spray on and leave solution - rather than something that involves removing cover or anything extreme like that.

Vara

Visit site
For proofing I use Fabsil, the basic one, I tried the expensive Fabsil gold, but despite its claims it didn't seem to offer any advantage.

If applying to newly washed fabric, ensure all traces of detergent are rinsed out of the material.

Using Patio Magic it does not seem to affect any water proofing in place.