removal of mold

G

can any one suggest a good product for the removal of mold from the interior of the boat.(seating etc)

G

Mold = town in North Wales. No need to destroy it! (nm)

!

G

Re: Mold = town in North Wales. No need to destroy it! (nm)

Having passed through it I can understand why.

To Business

Starbrite do a good product for mildew on headlinings

I think it is bleach based so may be a problem if used on fabric seating but should be ok on leather/PVC.

One good thing to reduce mould growth is to use dessicator crystals. They cost £6 or 7 from Woolworths and include a plastic box which fills with water.

Two of these on a 30 footer have eliminated mildew over the winter period.

G

I have had good luck with the compounds they sell for removing black algae from swimming pools or spas. Some work with just a teaspoon full per gallon of water, or some make a paste that you can spread on really stubborn outbreaks. Make sure you check a small spot first if there are colours or fabrics that might suffer.

Here is a link to some information that may help (USA products but).

http://www.yandina.com/hints.htm#Mildew

G

Sainsburys sell a spray on "Mold and Mildew" remover I use it on PVC cushion covers and non fabric sufaces, it works very well,spray on leave for about 10-15 minutes, rinse off. Be sure to wear protective gloves. Trevor

G

Local camping shop / DIY shop sells spray Mould / Mildew cleaner ... I bought 1 ltr spray bottle for £5.

It has removed all green stains and mould from Sprayhood, 'black-spot' mould from bunk cushions etc....

BUT read the instructions and make sure you wash off.