Remote control for Besenzoni passerelle

Irish Rover

Visit site
The RC I got with my previously owned boat looks like it might fall apart anytime soon. Where can I get a replacement and are there generic units available rather than buying an original? All advice appreciated. Thanks

vas

Visit site
good luck and sit down before hearing how much these things cost!
I *think* you cannot get generic units to talk to the black box, something about rolling codes or whatnot.
I ended up scrapping the black box and getting for 20euro (or thereabouts) a Chinese blackbox and 6 remotes (4 button, up-down and in-out)
son destroyed the one (rucksack got waterlogged on the old leaking dingy), down to five, can get new remotes for a fiver locally...
NOTE: these cheap remotes I got are NOT waterproof!

cheers

V.

iapetus

Visit site
+1 with Vas, go Chinese.

After receiving a generous quote from the local Bezensoni agent (maybe 500-something euros?), I scrapped the original RC box and replaced it with a general purpose (but apparently also coded, just in case) RC with six relays found on eBay.

Mine came with five non-waterproof remotes, cost a bit more, but I can now proudly raise the cockpit table (and the gangway as well) at the push of a button.

Irish Rover

Visit site
Thank you, kind sirs. Could I presume on your goodwill a little further and ask if either of you would have a link for something like this as I'm a complete numpty when it comes to electronics and would have no idea even what to put in a google search.

vas

Visit site
IR, have a look at this old thread:
http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthrea...K-1354-radio-control-receiver&highlight=quick

I'm worried as it's not exactly plug and play. Unless you are familiar with electronics and relays, you wont be able to install it!

Basically, you identify the black (or white or grey) box that has the controller, figure out if it's 12 or 24V and 2 4 or 6 relays (how many buttons on the existing remote?) and order accordingly and then find which cable brings current to which of the solenoids on the pump/solenoid assembly (which you have to also identify)
After that, you remove the cables from the big black box and wire them up on the much smaller chinese one.
For the record, mine is in service for 4yrs, no issues whatsoever!
Could have bothered to get a couple of waterproof remotes but never did considering the 5euro ones consumables.
Only had to change the battery on two of them (most of the year I'm visiting the boat 3-4times a week, so it gets a fair amount of use)

for the record, this is identical to the one I'm using:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-12V-4...135338?hash=item3d502d0f2a:g:UG0AAOSw44BYNS5L

only I got 24V-4-Channels with Six transmitters

cheers

V.

Last edited:

jfm

Visit site
I'm a complete numpty when it comes to electronics and would have no idea even what to put in a google search.
As Vas says, chucking out the Besenzoni box and swapping for a 12euro Chinese is entirely feasible but isn't a numpty job.

In any case, is your passerelle a letterbox type? If yes then the Besenzoni box will have logic interlocks and "going chinese" will lose you that. Not a great idea. Going chineses makes potential sense only for external passerelles with just up/down and in/out functions.

Even then you gotta decide whether you want the none line of sight operation that Chinese will give you. E.g. Someone accidentlally operates remote in their pocket and passerelle moves with children's hands on it. Or crushes your tender. The thick slightly curved Besenzoni remote is designed to not let this happen. Would be good to see picture of your remote to understand which series it is

I'm not trying to rain on the Chinese parade here and I use them on my own boat on things other than passerelle. I'm just saying that you need to weigh up the pros and cons (and also you need to understand wiring and relays to install as Vas has already said)

Last edited:

Irish Rover

Visit site
Thanks again for the advice. My passerelle is 4 function Up/down/in/out and rarely used as I’m alongside in my home marina. I’m a numpty with electronics but I had the foresight to beget a son who’s not. I got a couple of these 4 function RC’s for my electronic gate recently and the have a sliding cover on the buttons which should reduce the risk of accidental activation. I saw last night Besenzoni have a free app for apple and android that enables your phone to act as a RC commander. The app is free but the control unit is around £600. Decent of them to make the app free.

MapisM

Visit site
If the one you've got still works you could try one of the learning remotes off eBay for less than a fiver.
Aren't you thinking of radio remotes, by chance?
The standard Besenzoni thingie is infrared, and I'm not aware of any cheap and small learning infrared remotes, which are usually meant as TV remote replacements...

PalmaTarga

Visit site
Besenzoni' has a new after market bluetooth receiver for that replaces the switch and allows control via your phone. It is actually cheaper than one of their remotes!

Dark 37

Visit site
good luck and sit down before hearing how much these things cost!
I *think* you cannot get generic units to talk to the black box, something about rolling codes or whatnot.
I ended up scrapping the black box and getting for 20euro (or thereabouts) a Chinese blackbox and 6 remotes (4 button, up-down and in-out)
son destroyed the one (rucksack got waterlogged on the old leaking dingy), down to five, can get new remotes for a fiver locally...
NOTE: these cheap remotes I got are NOT waterproof!

cheers

I bought the 4 channel receiver with remotes exactly as the one you showed in the link. Any idea how to wire it?

V.

vas

Visit site
sorry Dark, just noticed this.

I guess you did have a Besenzoni black box in there somewhere and you're planning to rip it off, right?
if so, the basic instruction is to get the wires going to the bese box, are check carefully the pairs and pass them over to the chinese thing (btw, still works fine after 4-5yrs)

I mean the chinese box has three connectors for each channel, they are (from memory) NC NO and supply in the middle.
You need to use the NO (normally open) which means that there's no current flowing UNLESS you hit the button, only then for as long as you hit it you get the contact closed to power the relay.
Other than that, got to open my box and have a look, but not much to it tbh, should be straightforward.
Ah, there must be a dip switch as well to alter the way the buttons work. You want them to work as long as you press the button and NOT in toggle mode where you press once and the relay closes, say passerele moves up, then you have to press again a second time the same button to stop it going up. IMHO that's silly and dangerous.

cheers

V.

Dark 37

Visit site

I guess you did have a Besenzoni black box in there somewhere and you're planning to rip it off, right?
if so, the basic instruction is to get the wires going to the bese box, are check carefully the pairs and pass them over to the chinese thing (btw, still works fine after 4-5yrs)

I mean the chinese box has three connectors for each channel, they are (from memory) NC NO and supply in the middle.
You need to use the NO (normally open) which means that there's no current flowing UNLESS you hit the button, only then for as long as you hit it you get the contact closed to power the relay.
Other than that, got to open my box and have a look, but not much to it tbh, should be straightforward.
Ah, there must be a dip switch as well to alter the way the buttons work. You want them to work as long as you press the button and NOT in toggle mode where you press once and the relay closes, say passerele moves up, then you have to press again a second time the same button to stop it going up. IMHO that's silly and dangerous.

cheers

V.

cheers

V.

Will give it a try, black box attached. Switching to Chinese means the manual controller on the boat does not work any more, i.e only from remotes. IMG_26022020_065810_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg