Ref: Antares 650HB & 750HB Recall

DIW

Visit site
I inspected the completed recall work today. Comprises a 25mm hole to the top left of the stern bench upstand finished with a skin fitting and push out blank. All very neatly installed IMO. Beneteau issue an illustrated addendum for the manual entitled recall No.18, with the following instructions. Fire Protection of the gasoline tank compartment :- 1, Stop the Engine, 2, Inject the extinguishing product through the aperture. 3,Wait.
Hope this helps Major.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
But no instruction on how long to wait. ;)

So, what about item iii on the recall letter, "Fitting additional vents"?

Did you have to empty out the cellar? I may have to rent some temporary storage for the half ton of gear hiding in there.

Matt341

Visit site
We are waiting to have the recall done to our Antares 680HB. Last time I spoke to Dickies they were waiting to receive the parts from Beneteau.

As well as a 25mm hole for an extinguisher we are also meant to have additional vents fitted.

Did they fit additional vents to your boat as well as the extinguisher hole?? Like Major we also have a fair amount of items stored in the locker.

Thanks
Ian

DIW

Visit site
We are waiting to have the recall done to our Antares 680HB. Last time I spoke to Dickies they were waiting to receive the parts from Beneteau.

As well as a 25mm hole for an extinguisher we are also meant to have additional vents fitted.

Did they fit additional vents to your boat as well as the extinguisher hole?? Like Major we also have a fair amount of items stored in the locker.

Thanks
Ian

I didn't spot any additional vents, but it was a very hurried inspection, I will check at weekend and get back to you.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
DIW, I have just been down to Halfords in Bangor to get a new windscreen wiper for the boat.

I walk in and the spotty kid asks, "What is the make and model of the car it is for."

I am in whimsy mode so I says,"It's an Antares 650 HB."

Before the kid can answer - probably with a devastating put down for my impertinence, when a voice from the parts counter pipes up, "You'll need the Halfords own brand W03 16" blade for the 650."

My own fault I suppose.

Turns out he used to work for Dickies and still remembers all the wiper sizes and told me that there is always a cheap Halfords alternative....as long as you don't have a Plastimo wiper.

I also popped into Dickies but despite the office saying 'Open' in big red letters, no one was at home.

DIW

Visit site
DIW, I have just been down to Halfords in Bangor to get a new windscreen wiper for the boat.

I walk in and the spotty kid asks, "What is the make and model of the car it is for."

I am in whimsy mode so I says,"It's an Antares 650 HB."

Before the kid can answer - probably with a devastating put down for my impertinence, when a voice from the parts counter pipes up, "You'll need the Halfords own brand W03 16" blade for the 650."

My own fault I suppose.

Turns out he used to work for Dickies and still remembers all the wiper sizes and told me that there is always a cheap Halfords alternative....as long as you don't have a Plastimo wiper.

I also popped into Dickies but despite the office saying 'Open' in big red letters, no one was at home.

Thanks thats worth knowing Major as the 'Branded' replacements will be twice as much as Halfords at least .
Probably my fault no one at Dickies as they (3 of em!) were taking my Boat back to Deganwy.

DIW

Visit site

Been to the boat today to check out the vents. Can confirm that 4 plastic vents (100mmsq) have been installed 1,portside below rod holder, 1 starboard side below rod holder and 2 side by side in the transome just behind the tip up bench/engine access. As far as I could tell access to the locker wasn't required. Hope this helps.

Matt341

Visit site
Thanks for the info DIW. Interestingly we already have 2 vents located on the stern either side of the drop down flap (pic attached).

We are going to wait to hear from Dickies now to see when they are going to undertake the recall.

Thanks again
Ian

DIW

Visit site
Thanks for the info DIW. Interestingly we already have 2 vents located on the stern either side of the drop down flap (pic attached).

We are going to wait to hear from Dickies now to see when they are going to undertake the recall.

Thanks again
Ian

There are 2 additional vents to the ones shown in your pic - they are located adjacent to each other on the transom immediately behind the outboard.