Red wine

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Still plan to get across the channel before xmas. Now on my second bottle of cotes du rhone this evening (also brought back from Cherbourg (Celliers des Dauphin, very pleasant as you would expect after 2 bottles) much to horror of mrs LJS who has only had one flass (that should read glass) hic, what wine would you buy over there and where would you get it from other than the hypermarket.

Hic ,hic hic.........

G

I would buy the cheap junkrubbish plonk, and smash half the glasses whilst washing up. In fact, I did. So now Mrs S gets the decent stuff herself and doesn't let me near the kitchen.

G

Fool! Amateur! That wd make it look as though I care now wouldn't it! Iask her what the wine is, and she says "£3.99 dear"

So, I went to majestic on her sayso and started clanking cheapy bottles in a box(you have to buy a case) but they sed no, youre Mr S aren't you, we've just had Mrs s on the phone, you have to take this lot home, it's on account. Hm.

byron

RIP
Visit site
I buy that stuff in plastic bottles at about 82p a Litre. Decant it into something posh and serve it up, everybody smacks their lips and look at their glass knowingly and says things like "that Byron keeps a good cellar"
This is not a joke - it's true.

©2001

BarryD

Visit site
To many problems.

Sitting at home, low on beer and Chablis. The last bottle of Morgan in the box to go to bottle dump. In to the drive comes a Magestic van, unloads 40+ bottles of wine, a case of beer and a bag of ice.

"Thank you" sayes I. "But I don't remember ordering"
"Sh, OK - your wife phoned the order through from work"

Only mildly pi**ed when she got home - I thought I had to drink the beer before the ice melted. A tough job, but one I was almost equal too.

Barry D.