Red ends, November 1 2008

rickp

Visit site
Paragraph 5.135

[ QUOTE ]
A number of derogations to the Energy Products Directive, which allowed the Government to charge a reduced rate of duty on fuels used in private pleasure boats and planes, and on waste oils, expired on 31 December 2006. The European Commission has to date declined to renew the majority of derogations for all member states, including the UK’s derogations for private boats and planes. It has yet to respond on waste oils. The Government will implement the changes required on 1 November 2008, after further consultation with industry about the best way to minimise the longer-term compliance burden on the sectors concerned. Products Directive

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick

AdeOlly

Visit site
So we effectively have two more seasons of red. Could've been worse, but of more concern is that there is no indication as to whether we'll be on road-duty white or EU duty a.n.o. colour on 1/11/08.

Much worse, for me anyway, is the increase in small companies corporation tax rate to 22% /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

rickp

Visit site
I guess it'll be white, at road prices - but thats just a guess. At least we get two more seasons, as you say - which is a nice bonus.

I can forsee rather a lot of tanks being filled around October 2008 /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rick

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
>>>
And biofuels, which Mr Brown said helped fulfil the government's obligations on renewable fuels, would have their 20p a litre duty reduction extended to 2010, with the 40p a litre reduction for biogas extended to 2012.
>>>
Which may halp, or may not. By 2008 he might be gone given noises of a possible snap election in a year.

rbingham

Visit site
The lengthy period allowed by the government for the implementation of non-red diesel suggests, to me at least, that full road excise duty will be the order in Nov 08. Brown is not known for giving anything away.