Red diesel

mcintyre

Visit site
Why is there is not more input from the boating industry on this subject. The abolition of red diesel has the potential to wreck the UK boating industry?
What about other users of red diesel such as farmers? Is there scope for combining resources from all the industries that could be affected.
Inputs from a relatively low number of leisure users are unlikley to influence the goverment. We need all the industries affected to lobby the goverment and point out the economic consequences.

<hr width=100% size=1>

adarcy

Visit site
Re:Because

I believe I'm right in saying that farmers and fisherman will not be affected - they're untouchable. Ships recharge any costs so it's no skin off their nose and large ships and tankers, even if they use red diesel rather than bunker fuel, can fill up anywhere in the world so. like aircraft, they will remain tax-free anyway. The loss of derogation is really only aimed at marine leisure users.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

I agree with every word of that. Totally aimed at the lesiure market.

The farmers will not join us because there is no plan to 'harmonise' them - mind you the same logic applies as Farmers in the rest of the EU pay higher rates - I think.

<hr width=100% size=1>Paul

robind

Visit site

Why dont we support the french and other EU countries with their struggle to get red diesel prices down to our level. should we have gone to Calais today.

Regards
Rob

<hr width=100% size=1>