Red Diesel

AlistairC

Visit site
Hi all,
I'm in South Dock marina.
Where is the best place to get diesel from? I know there is one near tower bridge but its not very sheltered from wash.

Many thanks.

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
If you don't want to use the river barges you are probably best pottering up to Thames Ditton unless there is any fuel at Brentford, which my 2007 list of marinas and what have you that comes with the Almanac does not show as being available.

byron

RIP
Visit site
Use the one at Tower Bridge before 10.30am which is when the trip boats start plying. They are very well fendered anyways.

rosssavage

Visit site
I have used 'Burgan' by tower bridge a few times, wash isnt too much of an issue. The chaps who operate it are very friendly, I didn't even have to get off the boat, they did it all and took a card in payment. Only word of caution - not always open on a sunday...

AlistairC

Visit site
Thanks, thats good advice.
I was out on the bank holiday, and the thames was carved up like a ploughed field! It seems to be the pleasure boats that make the wash, the thames clippers dont seem to make any at all.

Cliveshep

Visit site
Got well bounced around with secondary wash more or less from Chelsea down to Limehouse last time I went down, no pleasure craft about the whole way, loads of river buses though. Wash hits the embankments, rolls back and is then heaped up by the next lot so the river is, as the man said, like a ploughed field in motion. Bloody uncomfortable for a boat at only displacement speeds.