Red Diesel in the Solent

brianhumber

Visit site
Have just been catching up on emails and find Premier have decided to only sell 'Advanced Fuel' diesel contaminated with a product called Soltron which I recall PBO found was very limited in effectiviness in its last test of fuel treatment products.

I do not want or need 'Advanced' fuel and I certainly do not want additives. To me these are words for management speak to 'get the customer to pay more for something he does not need'. Looks as if Premier are not giving their customers a choice either, nice play if you can get away with it - gets them back their margin they gave away by 'selling at cost'

To save me searching around are there any bunkering stations in the Solent still selling class A Red diesel? Sparks or BP in Cowes hopefully

Brian

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
That's very interesting - the first evidence of the new fuel being sold in the Solent.

As you are based in Chichester, it could be because the marina is in Cat B waters, and so are obliged to make the change. Everywhere else in the SOlent is Cat C or D and have no need or obligation to sell anything different to traditional red diesel with full sulphur, zero bio content, and no new additives.

prv

Visit site
I don't imagine the diesel barge on the Itchen will be tarting about with fancy fuel. Bit of a way to come if you're not based in Southampton though.

Pete

sailorman

Visit site
Have just been catching up on emails and find Premier have decided to only sell 'Advanced Fuel' diesel contaminated with a product called Soltron which I recall PBO found was very limited in effectiviness in its last test of fuel treatment products.

I do not want or need 'Advanced' fuel and I certainly do not want additives. To me these are words for management speak to 'get the customer to pay more for something he does not need'. Looks as if Premier are not giving their customers a choice either, nice play if you can get away with it - gets them back their margin they gave away by 'selling at cost'

To save me searching around are there any bunkering stations in the Solent still selling class A Red diesel? Sparks or BP in Cowes hopefully

Brian

so whats wrong with Soltron added then.
it sells for around £30 per 250 mls when purchased alone