Recommendations for Yacht Surveyor in Plymouth area

Bev01

Visit site
We are planning to purchase a 40ft yacht in the Plymouth area and are looking for an experienced and thorough surveyor. I would be grateful for any recommendations please.

LiftyK

Visit site
Hi. Michael from alpha yacht surveys has undertaken a survey for me and for another sailing friend. I learned a lot and found it so much more than a tick the box exercise. He is based in Topsham. He recently gave a talk to our sailing association. There I learned that he has a wealth of experience and has worked with large and small boats across several countries. In my case, he was happy to survey my 27' sailing boat.

laika

Visit site
We are planning to purchase a 40ft yacht in the Plymouth area and are looking for an experienced and thorough surveyor. I would be grateful for any recommendations please.

No recent info but Robin Feloy surveyed my (41’) boat in Plymouth 13 years ago and produced a very thorough report which proved to be excellent.

skipper021

Visit site
John Merrett
John Merrett Marine Services – Marine Surveyor in Plymouth
When he surveyed my current boat in late 2008 he also ran the engine with the boat ashore which was reassuring, and provided a clear report. At that time no other yacht surveyor in the area would report on the state of the engine.
John Merrett retired last summer
As already mentioned above, Oli Byles (Optimum Marine Surveys) Michael Horwood (Alpha Marine Surveys) and Alan Plummer (AP Marine Surveys) are all excellent.
Added to those, Paul Kerridge and Chris Ohlsen are very througher and sensibly priced:
Paul Kerridge Kerridge Yacht Survey 01326 617480 / 07977 269284 info@pkyachtsurveys.co.uk www.pkyachtsurveys.co.uk
Chris Olsen
Olsen Marine Surveying 07971 250105 / 01326 340277 olsenmarine@msn.com www.olsenmarine.co.uk