Recommendations for Rudder Repairs - Greece

Chief Charlie

Visit site
Good day gents.

can anyone provide me with a recommendation for a competent yard in Greece who can deal with a rudder stock bearing problem.

We are in Gulf of Patras but can make it to Ionian Yards or to Aegean.

Your thoughts/recommendations please.

Charlie

Chief Charlie

Visit site
Send me a Pm with details and I can get it done for you competitively on Aegina .

Check out Aegina Yacht Services web page .Mention me Bob.

Hi Rob,

I have a 1998 Najad and reading from the Owners' forum there is a recognised problem.

This only occurs when the rudder stock bush dries out - when ashore- we came back to the boat to find a problem we had not encountered before. Apparently a crap design detail.

I now know the problem issues and how to dismantle the keg hung rudder. If you can help /assist me finding a switched on yard that would be great. Where is Aegina ?

Charlie
charles.bevis@btinternet.com

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
A few hours South East of the Corinth canal. I will be back in the yard on the 22nd of May and will be able to assist you in getting your boat repaired ,or I can help by liaising with the yard on you behalf. Get an estimate from who ever you like to see if we are too expensive.

Last edited:

Neil_Y

www.h4marine.com
Drying out shouldn't be a problem? we can ship any size or shape from UK quite quickly once we have the size of the carrier and shaft. Ours are epoxy fit so yard doesn't need to press it in, you should be able to slide the bearing in by hand. This is in Maritex which is less plastic than delrin.

Other threads that may be of interest