Recommendations for a winter cover maker, ideally Orwell area?

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
Mussett get good recommendations
Dolphin will be very good bur the price might be more, Ask Paul Grey @ Dolphin for a price

Thanks. The ex boat had (has) a masterpiece of traditional craftsmanship from Stephen Hall at North Sea Sails in Tollesbury but it's an abuse of Steve's talents to ask him to make a cover.

Anyone called Mussett must surely be in Mersea?

Last edited:

matthewriches

www.matthewriches.co.uk
Bailey & Stone who cover all over the east coast, London, etc. Did all my stuff absolutely fantastic, and all measured with a 3D scanner to give perfect results.

Jeckells also do a blinding job and again, covering the area. Really nice guys.

John 32i

Visit site
I would suggest One Sails at Levington: IMO you get what you pay for.

Not wishing to put the boot in on an open forum but I have recently paid an excessive amount for extremely poor and slow workmanship to another company mentioned above; disappointing as I had previously recommended them having utilised their services on several occasions.

greylag

Visit site
I would suggest One Sails at Levington: IMO you get what you pay for.

Not wishing to put the boot in on an open forum but I have recently paid an excessive amount for extremely poor and slow workmanship to another company mentioned above; disappointing as I had previously recommended them having utilised their services on several occasions.

Five other businesses mentioned. No some are thinking is it? Not helpful to businesses that are not at fault. Mention name or leave unhelpful comment out in my opinion.

DoubleEnder

Visit site
I had a winter cover made by the loft at Levington , I think it was about 8 years ago. At the time I thought it was expensive. Now I think it was great value. The cover is still good, and it has saved me many times its price in maintenance. It is quite heavy, in two parts, allows ventilation and keeps 95% of the rain off and I believe 100% of the snow and ice that can really kill you. My boat is wood, quite a lot of varnish and so perhaps the payback is bigger for me than a fibreglass boat. But I do think a good cover is an investment.
Get one with a door. Or two doors, maybe, so you can get on board easily and comfortably.