Raymarine upgrade

pjvz

Visit site
I've got a Raytheon RL70 combined Radar and chartplotter unit, linked to ST50 instruments. How easy is it to upgrade to one of the new Raymarine C series??

AIDY

www.ybw.com
st50's should link okay through nmea / sea talk although the plugs are different. you will also need a new scanner for the plotter upgrade as well as a navionics card as oposed to c-map.

Kieran_Breheny

www.navigate-us.com
Raymarine are offering trade in for the any old Radar or chart plotter, its a rebate of £350, which you claim back from Raymarine.
As others have said you will needs both a new Radome and display (and cable), however ST50 data will repeat on the C series
regards Kieran

ALB

Visit site
I have just replaced a RL72 with a C70 and did NOT need to change the Radome. Later versions are compatible; see page 13 of the C series installation manual available from the Raymarine website. Wiring up the C Series is easy, dealing with the panel cut-out mismatch is the interesting part.

Elessar

Visit site
Correct!
You need to change the chart only if the randome is the correct serial number or above, in some cases you need a software upgrade, in some cases it will just work.
All the seatalk stuff will talk to each other and the new display no problem and no fuss.

I had to change the randome and got a good, secondhand 4kW version off ebay.
Note the 4kW cable and the 2 kW cable are not the same, so beware if you do need to change the randome don't fall into the same trap as me.

enterprise

Visit site
Looking to purchase a 2KW raymarine radome & cable for an SL70, if any of you have one for sale then please contact via PM, just placed request in "Wanted" for the same

Elessar

Visit site
I do have the cable and randome but I have the (mono) display as well and was going to sell it as a job lot working system which will (i hope sorry) make it pricey for you.