Raymarine Super Dooper Service.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
What pillock told me./forums/images/icons/smile.gif On here, that Raymarine was giving much better service these days.

Auto pilot hydraulic pump knackered. Rang round for new one. £400. Asked the agents if it could be repaired. No, No, No they all said.

Some kind soul said speak to Raymarine. So rang them.
"Oh we can repair it or if not, give service exchange"
Great, so a few weeks go by and then get a letter.
"Pump Knackered". Doh! Bill for 40 quid for the privalige of telling us it's knackered. What about the sevice exchange?

"Go to one of our agents. There cheaper than us!!!!

So been pratting about for about six weeks. Waiting for this wonderous service. Now back at square one. [sad]

So Rang them. Ok so now not charging the 40 quid!

<font color=red> No one can force me to come here-----------
----- I'm a Volunteer! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Haydn

dickh

Visit site
Couldn't a local Hydraulic engineer sort it out? they will probably be much cheaper. Try Yellow pages.

dickh
I'd rather be sailing... :)

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Na. It's rusted away after four years. I suppose I was wrong for putting it on a boat cos they get wet. Silly me.[sad]

Haydn

Mr__Max

Visit site
could be machined and sleeved if necesary, speak to your local machine shop. If not repairable by raymarine send me a PM and Ill take a look at it for you >FOC

One life...Live it

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Catch twenty two. First they say. Repair or. Service exchange. So that sounds good and get my attention. Then after I've sent it, they want £470 for a new one. But its only £400 from there agents.

If they keep my old one then no cost for looking at it. If I want it back. £40 plus carrage. Tony Blair said he was getting tough on street crime. Hmm! Dont seem to have got round to this little scam yet.

Haydn

G

So if the old one was useless why do they want to keep it ?.......£40.00 for carriage .....hmm... did you feel the razorblade slip down your back ? As they fleeced you ?

Was looking at some new electronic kit...best avoid Raymarine