Raymarine ST 3000 / 4000

cherod

N/A
Visit site
Hi , looking for bit of advice on item .1 st , are the head / control units interchangeable , i currently have suspect 3000 but if replacement is necessary i would like to replace with 4000 as it has course display . 2 nd , my motor is a bit noisy , always has been , is this normal or is it indicative of worn internals . Ty R

Tranona

Visit site
Can't help with the control head question as when I replaced the 3000 with a 4000 I did the lot. Yes the motor is very noisy. It is a very crude bit of kit dressed up in a bomb shaped housing in the fashion of the times.

I guess a call to Raymarine might help although their techy people might have been in primary school when the 3000 was current!

cherod

N/A
Visit site
Can't help with the control head question as when I replaced the 3000 with a 4000 I did the lot. Yes the motor is very noisy. It is a very crude bit of kit dressed up in a bomb shaped housing in the fashion of the times.

I guess a call to Raymarine might help although their techy people might have been in primary school when the 3000 was current!
thank you T ,,, at least i wont worry too much about my motor now .(y)