Raymarine - Heading irratic

Talulah

Visit site
Whilst watching the Raymarine C70 chart plotter the red heading line is doing slow full 360 degree rotations around the boat.
This problem is not happening all the time but is becoming more and more frequent.
Any suggestions as how best to diagnose the cause?
Is it likely to be the fluxgate compass, the course computer or something else?
Nothing has changed in the installation for some time.
Many thanks.

Talulah

Visit site
Many thanks for responses. I haven't noticed if the heading error is repeated on other displays. I should be able to take off the unit and move it around to see if that triggers it.
I've also posted the same question to Raymarine support.

Talulah

Visit site
I've only noticed it out and about. I wouldn't necessarily have noticed it whilst in our berth. I'll pay more attention this weekend.

Following on from my previous posts I'm still having issues with the Autopilot.
I have replaced the fluxgate compass but the heading displayed on the chartplotter and other instruments is still erratic. It sometimes is way off and at other times starts sweeping around in circles. It has got progressively worse.
Hence I now suspect the fast heading sensor in the S2G.
Now I know you can upgrade the S2 to an S2G by buying the internal fast heading sensor.
As it is already fitted on the S2G does anyone know if it is removable or hardwired in?
If it is removable does the panel think it worth buying a new one at £300 or as the unit is 7 years old ditching it and buying an SPX30 at £1400?
Many thanks.