Ray 240 VHF Active Speaker help

Teddy

Visit site
I need to remove my 2005 vintage active speaker from my Broom 39 as it has failed. It is fitted flush to a panel with seemingly no access to the back of it. I have tried to prize it from the panel, but it seems reluctant to come out (I had assumed it was a push fit). Should I keep prizing, or is it retained somehow behind? Anybody have a clue?

bigfoot

Visit site
I need to remove my 2005 vintage active speaker from my Broom 39 as it has failed. It is fitted flush to a panel with seemingly no access to the back of it. I have tried to prize it from the panel, but it seems reluctant to come out (I had assumed it was a push fit). Should I keep prizing, or is it retained somehow behind? Anybody have a clue?
I had one one a Broom 450 and it was secured behind the speaker.

Teddy

Visit site
Yes there are 2 hurled nots at the rear finger tight ,
Many thanks for the info. I will have to remove a lower panel and make my arm / hand smaller!
Are these speakers repairable without paying silly Raymarine prices? My unit has hardly been used since new but of course makes my VHF useless without it.

Seastoke

Visit site
is there volume control on it ,also there are no connections at the back you will need to cut the cable

Nauti Fox

Ducatiproteam.co.uk
I've got two that don't work sitting here, one of which I just bought as a working unit.
I have a dual station set up and at least have one working so thought I'd mix and match to see what's wrong, on both that aren't working it appears to be the speakers themselves (not the pcb) so I'm looking into that at the moment.

Fire99

Visit site
I have some Raymarine 230 active speakers. For those you have to pull the volume knob off then prize the front cover off and there are self tapping fixing screws underneath. They use 8 pin connectors too. I shall be parting with two shortly as I've changed my VHF setup.

Seastoke

Visit site
But will
I have some Raymarine 230 active speakers. For those you have to pull the volume knob off then prize the front cover off and there are self tapping fixing screws underneath. They use 8 pin connectors too. I shall be parting with two shortly as I've changed my VHF setup.
the 230 work on the 240

Nauti Fox

Ducatiproteam.co.uk
I plugged both speakers into the unit that worked and neither worked, so take it that it was them.
I will freely admit I know nothing about electronics, but if one speaker works when plugged in and two don't I take it that they have ceased to function... I hope!

Seastoke

Visit site
voQUOTE="Nauti Fox, post: 8016193, member: 5255"]
I plugged both speakers into the unit that worked and neither worked, so take it that it was them.
I will freely admit I know nothing about electronics, but if one speaker works when plugged in and two don't I take it that they have ceased to function... I hope!
[/QUOTE is there volume control on both.