Ramsgate fuel......

david_steward

Visit site
The local council have finally seen the light and booted out the private fuel barge operator that has been ripping people off for crap diesel. The barge is now run by the council's marina staff.

The barge is being spruced up. Quality control is vastly improved, and the price is much more reasonable. Currently 30 ppl but subject to review.

Its very good news coz the previous situation was putting visitors off of Ramsgate.

Please insert your smart ass pretentious tag line here...

Dave S

lanason

Visit site
Your lucky.
Where my boat is based there is nowhere to buy Petrol on the water. So I have to hump 20 litre Jerry Cans from the car down to the boat.
Now where did I put that Diesel engine ........

Adrian

Any jobs going ??

G

Re: Ramsgate fuel hoorah

Hi Dave bout time too, last time I was there was in Jan overnight bringing her round to Chertsey.
Two days prior had filled up in Cowes on the fuel barge there for 23p. Went to fill up in Ramsgate
from that awful scruffy barge waited 20mins for an equally scruffy guy to appear and charge us 36p
Put only enough to get to Chertsey, only to find Penton Hook at 36p, hence my letter to MBM at the time
Filled up at Shepperton for 23p.

CGN

G

Re: Ramsgate Dave S

May be stopping off at Ramsgate later in week if weather improves will send you a PM if we do, perhaps
you could recommend a good eating house.
(delivery job to Chichester by the way not my boat)

CGN

G

Newark Marina cheapest fuel yet!

This weekend it is 20p per litre, shame I dont have a boat to put any in, just a long way for some of you to come and fill up, its about the furthest you can get inland from the sea,s east coast for a big boat.

paul js.