Rain water no longer safe to drink

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Yes so I understand there a new law on the way to stop people catching rain water to drink .
Long distance cruisers will be checked before leaving harbour to make sure they have enough on board and any rainwater catching equipment will be removed by the official.

Grith

Visit site
With the exception perhaps of some whose drinking water supply is a desalination plant we all drink rainwater in some form. Treated with chlorine, ultraviolet, and such and with additives such as fluoride in many supply’s but really! I can understand not recommending rainwater versus a municipal supply in a highly polluted city or location when the municipal water comes from a distant less polluted source but otherwise just bloody ridicules.

Wansworth

Visit site
With the exception perhaps of some whose drinking water supply is a desalination plant we all drink rainwater in some form. Treated with chlorine, ultraviolet, and such and with additives such as fluoride in many supply’s but really! I can understand not recommending rainwater versus a municipal supply in a highly polluted city or location when the municipal water comes from a distant less polluted source but otherwise just bloody ridicules.
Madrid water is recycled 16times?

Grith

Visit site
If I lived in Madrid I wouldn’t drink the rain water and would definitely think twice about the municipal supply. Come to think of it I just wouldn’t live in Madrid!
PS In 5 of the last 6 houses I have lived in here in rural Australia have had their principal source of drinking water, rain collected from the roof. Our current home has rainwater for drinking and washing but the luxury of unlimited fresh river water for gardening. It’s the same river water that the state capitol Adelaide relays on for much of its drinking water after some treatment. ?
We feel very privileged to park our yacht at our back door in such a cheap location by Australian standards. 421F962F-C7FF-4940-94C5-36FD8800A1F5.jpeg

penfold

Visit site
Not sure what the water cos do that will affect PFA content, so distinguishing between the tap and what comes out of the sky is a bit pointless. A good indication of bad journalism and the reckless arrogance of the chemical industry though.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
If I lived in Madrid I wouldn’t drink the rain water and would definitely think twice about the municipal supply. Come to think of it I just wouldn’t live in Madrid!
PS In 5 of the last 6 houses I have lived in here in rural Australia have had their principal source of drinking water, rain collected from the roof. Our current home has rainwater for drinking and washing but the luxury of unlimited fresh river water for gardening. It’s the same river water that the state capitol Adelaide relays on for much of its drinking water after some treatment. ?
We feel very privileged to park our yacht at our back door in such a cheap location by Australian standards. View attachment 140580
Now there a house I like to have

Other threads that may be of interest