Raggies & Stinkpots

longjohnsilver

Visit site
So what does that make me, I feel left out with my single engined semi displacement motorboat, and I live in the same county as you.

On second thoughts, probably best not to answer, leave me to my blissful ignorance!! ;-))

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Tad Arsey?

Not really, but no one has answered his question yet, probably because you are all motor yotties or fans of. So my answer to the question is.... "Ragpots"

Stemar

Visit site
Re: Undecided

This is true. Having looked at a website selling a Cromarty 36, I'm extremely undecided about the best way to persuade SWMBP (Like SWMBO, but look at the word before) that we need to sell the house to buy it.

For sale: Two too-clever-by-half teenagers. Excellent white slaves - if you can get them away from TV/Internet/playstation... Exchange for Cromarty 36... :)

G

Is the term \' Auxiliary\' now dead ?

A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation Mr Boatone ?

In truth we all own Motorsailors now as we expect, and get, a response when starting the thing.

Perhaps we should now describe yachts/motorsailers in percentage terms like fractional rig etc..

"And what do you own sir ?"
"A 75% yacht actually as opposed to my previous 65% job that cost a bit more on diesel but I now only get Sherherds Pie at the Jolly Sailor cos the zero to 50% boys get there at 4pm "

We could also add on 'drag factor' like cars but call it 'nose factor'. "I love my Fisher Harry but the nose factors a bummer compared to my 'Low nose 95% Twister" I used to have

Love Is ............ Owning a boat......

gus

www.whysuffer.co.uk
The real answer is - a Cruiser. If cruising implies doing it a comfortable pace, at a comfortable angle of heal, not having to worry too much about the weather, hardly ever having to put on waterproofs except when mooring up, being 'on passage' in all weathers comfortably attired in your shirt sleeves, being able to motorsail almost directly into the wind without having to tack too much and with a much steadier motion than a motorboat.
However it does tend to bring out the over expectations of the off-duty crew. Motor sailing up the Irish sea at 8 knots and there were complaints from down below that the dominoes were falling over!!!!