Raggie seeks ride in Gin Palace

iangrant

Visit site
Some posts ago there were quite serious mutterings about you show me yours & I'll show you mine!!
SO who is up for sailing (no beards or sandals) on a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 37, cause I'd love a ride on a speedy palace. (Chichester area)

Ian

ChrisP

Visit site
Re: Still serious

Had a lot going on just lately so much grovel for not keeping up with our agreement. Boat out of water after New Year but as soon as back in commission we'll make a date.

ChrisP

byron

RIP
Visit site

A word of warning Chris. Raggies go nutz when on the helm of a fast boat. They think its their bounden duty to make as much wash as they can and zoom close to every sail boat they see, possibly hoping it's a Raggie Mate who can see them helming.

ô¿ô

paulineb

Visit site

Ha ha ha - you're so right. We had a raggie on our helm from Yarmouth back to Cowes. He thrashed the b****cks out of it all the way, upsetting lots of his chums in the process.

Pxx
Have a cool yule

ChrisP

Visit site

Best you come along to help overpower the poor chap. You can use the royal aura to keep control while I extracate the pieces of sailboat fron the pulpit rail.

Happy Christmas to you and Eileen and see you in the new year.

Chris and Di

PS. If you should be out with any of the crowd that know me accept a large scotch from them on my behalf.

coliholic

Visit site
Well you can come on my beer cellar

Not quite Chichester, more River Ouse, limited to 5 knots so you'll feel quite at home. Might go out for a toddle up river on Xmas day, to try out any new goodies Santa might have bought me. Hoping for Simrad Chart Plotter, but got a funny feeling it might be a Portland Chart plotter.

Dave_Snelson

www.makeyourowngarments.com
My boat's no palace, nor is it in the Chichester area but if you ever make it to Portmadoc (North Wales), you would always be welcome.

45 Knots in the chill March air at the start of the season is something to behold and the views are breathtaking also. This followed by a hearty meal and some Scotch Whiskey in the yacht club make for heaven on earth.

iangrant

Visit site

Nope - this raggie is more sensible - however a little concerned about how hard my bits of string will get pulled and right of way standing on in front of power boats? Looking forward to it.

Ian

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Ugg!
I took a raggy for a ride out of Plymouth and up the river Yealm, about 6 miles.
He wasn't impressed at all. " It's just like going in the car" he said. Well I suppose from his point of view it was. About 15 minutes there, then fifteen back. He'd have been all bloody day.

Haydn

BarryD

Visit site
Not speedy (flat out on smooth water about 30MPH) and not a palace but MVII is roped up in Chichester. She's being hit with expensive marine hammers at the moment but she should be sea worthy again by mid January, I need a little bit of training but more than happy to take you out. The family would love a sail but not until the yellow orb comes up and it gets a lot warmer <G>

Compliments of the season

Barry

coliholic

Visit site
Ah well there we are then, kill two birds with one stone. Ian can go out with Barry and teach him all about boat handling, and shouting "ready about leeho" as they blast through Chichester Harbour. And you'll learn about which flag to fly and how to give way to all the sailing boats and how to look really miserable and fed up and what colour oilskin goes with which lifejacket and lots of other interesting stuff and Barry can let him pay to fill it up with petrol. So they both gain out of the experience. Seems like a deal to me.