PWC's in Hove

ChrisP

Visit site
PWC\'s in Hove

I see in this month's mag that Hove council are thinking of banning all PWC's from the beach area. Then they go on to say they are thinking of banning all inshore boating. How far is inshore, Does this mean no more anchoring off the beach.
Will it be policed by that prat of a woman that drives the safety boat flat out through the bathing area at black rock, just to give the kid in the bows a thrill?
Time for somebody in Hove council to look at the situation without the political knee jerk and find the real problem, then solve that.
Is this the time for the RYA to stop teetering on the fence and actually do something about the PWC menace. After all they are always telling us how they are the only route to the governments ear. Maybe they could come up with a useful solution and give us some value for money.

G

Re: PWC\'s in Hove

I agree these people are really tiresome. They used my boat for turning practice and there are so noisy - mind you my V8s are not exactly quiet! They should be banned or made to take compulsory insurance.

paulineb

Visit site
Crispy! You\'re back ...

... how are you? I thought you enjoyed throwing chicken bones at the PWCs and watching Mr A.G. getting angrier and angrier before going off like a pressure cooker and chasing them in his rib !

Pauline B

longjohnsilver

Visit site

How's the Humber? Are you still pleased with it? It's a boat that i have always admired and would be interested to hear any further observations you have.

ChrisP

Visit site
Re: Crispy! You\'re back ...

If Brighton and Hove council get their way we will be classified with the PWC's and anchoring off the beach will be a thing of the past.

ChrisP

Visit site

Just finished fitting the heating. The first chill of winter was causing Mrs P to get naggers throat. Couldn't believe all the room there is in the boat. Made running the ducting etc realy easy. Still finding bits and pieces but no complaints yet except for the weather. Went to the show last week. Sad to say when compared to Mr Bookers' creation the current boat builders still have a lot to learn.

KevB

Visit site

As the owner of both Jet Ski and 33ft motor boat I agree that insurance and recognised training should be made compulsory for ALL, whether you are a dinghy/sailor/motor boat/jet ski/canoe??
Most Jet Ski users are insured and responsible, it's the minority like in any walk of life which give it a bad name.
You will find the majority of the nutters are Essex car dealers who have taken the Jet Ski in part exchange and haven't got a clue.
Compulsory training/insurance for all will help solve the problems and make our chosen hobby safer.

G

Re: Essex girl joke!

Q What's an Essex Girls's favourite wine?

A (in whiney voice) " But I want to go to Lakeside..."