Purchasing Antifoul in Spain

pcatterall

Visit site
We hope to get this done at the end of April. We are at Burriana 40 miles north from Valencia
The cost seemed very high at local chandlers last time we looked.
Are there any on line or other sources that the panel can recommend?
I did look at 'ebay Spain' but seemed to only find UK firms advertising in Spanish!
Thanks

Yngmar

Visit site
SVB ships varnish and paint all over the EU, so probably antifouling paint too. There's also Accastillage Diffusion, a French online chandler, and there's got to be Spanish ones.

PlanB

Visit site
We used to go to the Spanish chandler used by local fishing boats etc and buy the cheapest they had.
But we didn't travel very far or fast.

steveallan

Visit site
I bought my antifouling from these people delivery next day or day after for mainland Spain.
almerimarmarineonline.com

Last edited:

Clancy Moped

Visit site
One of Jotun's factories is in Spain so, as PlanB suggests, have a look at the commercial fishing boat chandlers for Seaforce30M.
International (AkzoNobel) have a site between BCN and Sitges, you go past it on the train, on a bad day it stinks, but it ain't any cheaper.

WindyWindyWindy

Visit site
Hempel has a list of distributors here:-
Encuentre su distribuidor

The ones that stock that can probably get other brands. La Casa del Pintor offered me a good price a year or so ago, not far off the UK price.

Email the shops, they likely don't have it on their main web sites, but can still get it.

Neeves

Visit site
Hempel's Globic and Jotun's Sea Quantum Ultra are very good AFs. Consider a 2 year life - but not cheap and are both meant to be restricted to professional applicators.

Jonathan

Buck Turgidson

Visit site
We hope to get this done at the end of April. We are at Burriana 40 miles north from Valencia
The cost seemed very high at local chandlers last time we looked.
Are there any on line or other sources that the panel can recommend?
I did look at 'ebay Spain' but seemed to only find UK firms advertising in Spanish!
Thanks
Interested to know where you are hauling out as I had to come up from Valencia last year to get mine done in Burriana.

MAURICE

Visit site
Hi
My boat is based in Burriana. I agree the price of Antifoul is very high in Spain. Have you looked at having the yard do the job for you? They charge a very good rate i think for my Moody 44 it was under 700 euros for the lift in out scrub and paint.
Maurice

pcatterall

Visit site
Thanks Maurice and all.
Job done with antifoul from UK ( as we drove out this time) We have used the yards service but they were a bit skimpy on the scrape off of crustaceans last time.
The actual lift out is free for contracts over 6 months. This time, though we were out for a full week as we had to plan in a survey. The cost of the days on the hard plus cradle plus ladder was quite high.