Protest at Kingston

Captain Coochie

Visit site
Now im not one to raise my voice unless im in a pub and have my pint nicked but Saturday i decided i was going on the Save our waterways , stop the increasing charges ... Ok i wanted to go out on my boat /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I got to Kingston at around one and nipped into town . They have a nice thing going on in the market serving food and cider from all differant countrys . (Worth a trip if your local )
Anyway armed with a bag of hot chestnuts and a German sausage i made my way to kingston bridge .
The river was blocked from Kingston bridge to the railway bridge with around 25 to 30 craft so i had to join around the front and drop back as and where i could .
We held station for around 15 mins sounding our horns .... and ..... well protesting .
It was bloody hard work with the river in flood on a windy day in a GRP boat at close quarters to big lumps of steel but it was worth it to make a point .
After the horn sounding we all made our way under the middle arch of Kingston bridge with more horn sounding and i think at on point i shook my German sausage in anger /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Sorry the pics are not showing much but the conditions made it hard to think about pictures .
25112006286.jpg

25112006287.jpg

byron

RIP
Visit site
I note the crowds on the bridge watching the protest /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ooops! Sorry! Did I say crowds, I meant Crows.