Proposed Port of London Harbour Revision Order

oldgit

Visit site
Some updating of the rules and regs going on ?
Tightening up the regs about folks mooring up in the tidal river.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Screenshot20191025164718859comgoogleandroidapps1572018703.png

Previous message deleted as wrong image link.

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
I wonder if this will negatively effect places like the rather bizarre Broadness creek and that sort of thing under PLA jurisdiction.

There is also another part which deals with unserviceable vessels moored off the main fairway being a potential hazard to navigation.

Places like Watermans park Brentford there are some boats which if they did come adrift could cause some major problems.

Seems like a general tidying up effort which on balance for most users is probably a Good Thing.

Scholar Gypsy

scholargypsy.judgefamily.org.uk
I wonder if this will negatively effect places like the rather bizarre Broadness creek and that sort of thing under PLA jurisdiction.

There is also another part which deals with unserviceable vessels moored off the main fairway being a potential hazard to navigation.

Places like Watermans park Brentford there are some boats which if they did come adrift could cause some major problems.

Seems like a general tidying up effort which on balance for most users is probably a Good Thing.

That was my reading. Not clear what it would mean for boats at Dartford, where the legal position is a bit complex!

Outinthedinghy

Visit site
Hi spoke to a couple of the blokes down at Broadness a while ago. It seems they do need PLA permission as it is a tidal creek. Swanscombe peninsula is earmarked for a large theme park so whether or not the Dickensian moorings will survive who knows.

I quite liked it down there other than the "acid traps" warning notice on one of the wrecks.