Propellers

jimmie

N/A
Visit site
Am I being thinking a propeller (straightforward twin blade for 33' yacht with Yanmar 30gm engine would be a pretty bog standard item and as such could be bought of the shelf. (Mine fell off . don't ask!) The chappie sorting it out says no & that one will have to be machined for it specially. I've been waiting 3 weeks for it now ... Thoughts?

G

Rubbish!!!!!
Try a decent marine engineer...........they're trying to con you. You'll find reputable dealers and engineers via the BMIF.

yoda

Visit site
Don't worry they do sometimes do that but yes they are quite straight forward things ot buy. The only caveat to that is the size of shaft and ensuring a good fit between the two, but not often a significant problem. I had one fitted between tides in Gosport from the second hand bin of the boat yard. Cost very little and got me away to complete a Fastnet race. Don't let them take you for a ride.

Yoda

G

\'tis the season

That hint of Spring - we all want things at once this time of year.

Many marine suppliers are going full pelt at the moment.

mtb

Visit site
Re: rollocks he\'s taking the riss out of you

Off the shelf part to suit you sir.
You need the shaft size engine size and ring some one like T Norris they keep em on the shelf , or get a second hand one as already suggested
Mick

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boats
I want a big steel ex trawler / tug v/cheap or swap for tug

G

There is a firm at Newton Abbot,Devon Tel.01626-367782.(I got this from a previous posting on this site so you might try searching on Propellers)They gave me a quote over the phone which seemed reasonable for my Kelt 850 with Yanmar 2GM 20 engine but I had the old propeller to get size and pitch from.Worth a try?

jimi

Visit site
Thank You

Thanks people, as a result of knowledge gained from your responses I've put pressure on the chappie, and strangely enough a propeller has now turned up and will be fitted Monday.