Problem fitting jabsco regular toilet seat

Siftasam

Visit site
Hello all,
Just bought Jabsco regular toilet to replace our old (very!) unit. All fine until fitting the seat/lid assembly.
The new arrangement has an offset bolt to allow for seat centralisation and fore/aft position.

However, we are still unable to get the (wooden) lid and seat to completely overlap the ceramic bowl at the front. This means that the seat is not fully resting on the plastic support pads on the underside and that the bowl is visible at the front. (Also due to the bulkhead position at the back, the lid will not sit upright.)
Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution?

Many thanks…

Siftasam

Visit site
Have you somehow ended up with the wrong seat for the particular toilet?

I would be inclined to contact the suppliers.
Thanks Little Sister.
I am of the same mind..just wondered if I might be missing the obvious when assembling the wretched thing.
Will give jabsco a call tomorrow although I am not expecting a great response. Will post any info from them in case it is useful re different seat/loo models.
Cheers

PeterBoater

Visit site
Jabsco make regular and compact bowl sizes, with matching seat/lid sizes. it sounds like you have a mismatch. Perhaps a simple solution to the lid not staying up would be a velcro strip or some sort of magnetic catch.

VicS

Visit site
Jabsco make regular and compact bowl sizes, with matching seat/lid sizes. it sounds like you have a mismatch. Perhaps a simple solution to the lid not staying up would be a velcro strip or some sort of magnetic catch.
Agreed
It sounds as though the seat and lid are for the compact bowl version.

Alex_Blackwood

Visit site
Hello all,
Just bought Jabsco regular toilet to replace our old (very!) unit. All fine until fitting the seat/lid assembly.
The new arrangement has an offset bolt to allow for seat centralisation and fore/aft position.

However, we are still unable to get the (wooden) lid and seat to completely overlap the ceramic bowl at the front. This means that the seat is not fully resting on the plastic support pads on the underside and that the bowl is visible at the front. (Also due to the bulkhead position at the back, the lid will not sit upright.)
Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution?

Many thanks…
Not being funny. You have not by any chance got a fixing back to front. :unsure: