Princess 440

Chill

Visit site
Have been looking and fancy one, the draft will be ok its just the air draft that could be a problem. Does anyone know of one of these on the river?

Chill

BG1

Visit site
There's a P42 or 420 in Bray Marina, could be a 44. Air draft should be ok as long as the arch can hinge down. Have a look at the big stuff at Harleyford to see what's possible. Cookham lock cut is the lowest and Eton/Windsor the most awkward due to the arch, especially if there's a big flow.

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site
Hmm fairly late (for the Thames) I think there is one in Penton but I would measure to be sure, normal bridges apply (of course!)

Plenty of 414s and later 435 (I think) so if similar height then you should be ok.

Chill

Visit site
We will have to remove the radar & lights from the arch, the arch is the same height as the front of the flying bridge so not worth hinging it. Princess say it is 3.68m to top of arch excluding lights and radar.

byron

RIP
Visit site
Fantastic craft in rough seas. Really handles well however I am not so sure about getting it up river past Windsor even if fitted with folding arch etc.

Chill

Visit site
There are a few Princess 412-2's on the river and they quote the height without radar arch as 3.72m. Would be better if we knew of one already in use on the river..

Chill

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
There are a few Princess 412-2's on the river and they quote the height without radar arch as 3.72m. Would be better if we knew of one already in use on the river..

Chill

[/ QUOTE ]
My 435 could just squeeze through Windsor & Cookham but it was always a hairy feeling especially going downstream through Windsor with a little flow. Cassy is a 415 but I don't know if he ever goes downstream from his mooring which is just above Temple.

byron

RIP
Visit site
Yes! Sorry! my bad geography, Alan Caswell who owns the boat has had it from new and has had the mooring for about the same time.