Princess 366 in Norfolk

Ichthyosaur

Visit site
Hi,
Does anyone know the history of a Princess 366 named Dorothy Dream, lying Brundall?
It seems like a decent boat with many updates but I have concerns about the 30 year old Yamaha 420sti diesels.
Any info would be greatly received
Regards
Rob

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Hi,
Does anyone know the history of a Princess 366 named Dorothy Dream, lying Brundall?
It seems like a decent boat with many updates but I have concerns about the 30 year old Yamaha 420sti diesels.
Any info would be greatly received
Regards
Rob
I don't know the boat but I'd prefer the Volvo had 42 s , parts for the Yamahas are eye watering expensive.

Ichthyosaur

Visit site
I don't know the boat but I'd prefer the Volvo had 42 s , parts for the Yamahas are eye watering expensive.
Thanks for the reply.
You are right, a quick scan of typical service parts shows they are more expensive than the equivalent VP ones.
I guess that it's all on condition and how well it's been maintained with any 30 year old boat/engine combo.
I am a mechanical engineer and do all more own boat maintenance, so am particularly keen not to have to spend every weekend fixing something!

Seastoke

Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
You are right, a quick scan of typical service parts shows they are more expensive than the equivalent VP ones.
I guess that it's all on condition and how well it's been maintained with any 30 year old boat/engine combo.
I am a mechanical engineer and do all more own boat maintenance, so am particularly keen not to have to spend every weekend fixing something!
Buy a caravan

Greg2

Visit site
I am guessing it is the 366 on with NYA? I can’t be sure it is the same boat but I think it was previously named ‘Aquafrolic’ and if so it belonged to friends of ours for many years who sold it post Covid if memory serves. They looked after it and I recall it definitely having a new outdrive leg some years ago and maybe a second one subsequently.

As an aside, NYA are a good outfit to deal with.

Ichthyosaur

Visit site
I am guessing it is the 366 on with NYA? I can’t be sure it is the same boat but I think it was previously named ‘Aquafrolic’ and if so it belonged to friends of ours for many years who sold it post Covid if memory serves. They looked after it and I recall it definitely having a new outdrive leg some years ago and maybe a second one subsequently.

As an aside, NYA are a good outfit to deal with.
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, that's correct. I am going to ask the if the drives were replaced with alternatives to the hydrodrives

ari

Visit site
There was a video on YouTube recently of a superyacht engineer who runs Yamaha outdrive diesels in his own personal boat and was raving about how good they are. He struck me as someone who should know.

If I remember rightly, they were briefly popular back in the nineties, and then a change of exchange rate priced them out of contention.

stelican

Visit site
There was a video on YouTube recently of a superyacht engineer who runs Yamaha outdrive diesels in his own personal boat and was raving about how good they are. He struck me as someone who should know.

If I remember rightly, they were briefly popular back in the nineties, and then a change of exchange rate priced them out of contention.
We sold quite a few during that period with encouragement from Yamaha. Both 4 and 6 cylinder engines and drives into Fairlines and Falcons. The local service engineer would swap the drives on individual boats every year to even out wear.
We had no reported failures.