princess 33 with volvos

oldgit

Visit site
Been to see Princess 33 down at Hamble.Has two AQ AD 40 6 cyl turbo diesels with around 2000 hrs.Hull Ok Legs so-so interior bit scruffy but those engines what should I be looking for.Boat up for offers on 30K.
All comments welcome need to know ...............

G

Seen it before the one out of the water on left side through gate, IMHO I would not bother with outdrives go for the one at Allington if it's still there Mermaids and shafts a lot better.
Paul js.

oldgit

Visit site
Cheers paulseng.went to marina to look at a Sealine 450 a friend was interested in buying.that had sold.Noticed P33 in corner with "offers welcome" on it so had a look.Definately a bit D I Y inside.Got the feeling from broker that had it been for sale for long time and that several previous sales had fallen thru.Still got to look at them all before right one hoves into view.

G

If my memory serves me correctly it has been there for at least 2 years if not more for sale with micheal schmidt think thats how you spell it, think about it, been stood out of the water all that time with no running, what will happen to the engines pistons, bores and fuel/water pumps etc, reminds me of buying a Triumph Stag that had been stood for years just stripped it down and started again with it so unless it's very very cheap then think about a re-engine job, still not sure about those outdrives, back to a proper 33 what about the other one.
Mate of mine may sell his you would not have to do a thing to it but it's a Y hull and only has 80's in it.s 38 K
paul js.