Princess 266 Riviera

G

Anyone had one of these, I don;t really know too much about these little sports boats other than apparently their thirst for petrol, has twin 205 V6 penta,s might take one in part ex for my 388 just thought it might be a good weekender or tow it somewhere for the holidays, comments please....

Paul js.

oldgit

Visit site
Not that popular in UK if prices anything to go by.Seem that you are able to get much newer boat, even diesels, for less money than similer princess type boats.Prob due to fact that not much good in normal type crappy british style summer ie not a lot of weather proction.Seems big boat to dip in/out water every week end .

ari

Visit site
Fantastic boat, absolutely amazing sea boat for the size, stunning 40+ knots performance with twin 205hp Volvos, sensible 12gph at 25 knots economy, excellent build quality, good cockpit layout, modern (for its age) looks with integral bathing platform and curved windscreen. A modern classic in my humble.

Only let down by the interior which Marine Projects went all "trendy" with and used grey vinyl everywhere rather than usual wood.

Prices low cos the newest is over 10 years old now. What year and engines is the one you are considering?

Oh, and too big to trail in reality, even if it would in theory!

DepSol

Visit site
Fantastic boat, nearly bought one. Freind has one and just converted to twin diesels since petrols were getting a bit tired. Goes really well.

Not a trailie boat I'm afraid especially as it has a 10ft Beam. Excellent accomodation and seating area. Good sea boat better than the 288 they say.

Dom

tico

Visit site
Theres one for sale in Dartmouth I looked at (at Noss)
Great looks, good sea boat, wide open inside
BUT... who's kidding at 12 gph with twin 205s!!
Interior build quality and living practicality not as good as Sunfury (OK I'm biassed)

ari

Visit site
Tico,

I can only go by the P266R I had that did 12GPH at 25 knots with twin Volvo AQ431/dp 205hp petrol engines.

Ari

G

Ari this one is 1991 vintage, based at Dartmouth it is not the one already on the market but soon will be, anyone out there want one at the right price?

Paul js.

G

Dom, what engines has your mate fitted to his 266 then? might be worth considering if the deals right.

Paul js.

ari

Visit site
1991 boat would be one of the last. Not my old boat though (1990). Does it have the twin 205hp Volvos? They are the right engines for the boat without doubt. I'd make a guess at a value of £25K ish if it is reasonably clean.

There is a very good powerboat broker not far from the River Dart that sold mine (and indeed that sold it to me in the first place). Might be worth giving him a call if you want to sell it. Might also be worth speaking to him before you buy it to make sure you get correct documentation. Not sure if we're supposed to mention brokers names on here but send me a PM if you want and I'll give you his details or web site address.

Zagalo

Visit site
Hey

I'm considering one Riviera 266 and I'm newbie to boats, so I would be interested in your thoughts about:

- It comes with two 225 V6 Volvo penta's exactly like this picture, can I expect better fuel economy then the refered 12gph, since it looks like a newer engine model?

regal_2000esx_engine_2015.jpg

- How much money should I consider for maintenance, I was told this engines have anual maintenance. What about the rest of the boat as in maintenance? It would sit all year in salt water in a marina.

- Is it feasible doing some DIY maintenance? I have experience in automotive maintenance.