Pressure tank for a Taylor’s paraffin stove

Mud

Visit site
I bought a Taylor’s paraffin stove after feeling sorry for an old dear whose husband had passed away. I hadn’t realised that you needed a pressurised fuel tank believing they were like the Origo alcohol stoves & I’m not keen on paying over £300 for one. It did come with the connection pipe. Is there any cheaper options available to me? Perhaps using the fuel tank from a Tilley lamp?

TC Tuckton

Visit site
That should work
I have heard of people using a bicycle pump to pump up the air in a Taylor's 1.5 gallon tank. Have you thought of making your own pressure tank? The originals come with 3/16 copper tube (Halfords brake pipe) and Wades fittings. A flexible gas pipe is worth considering for the connection to the stove.

mullet

Visit site
Taylors spares are brutally expensive. MSR make lightweight pressurised fuel bottles for mountaineers. One of these (with a bicycle valve to pressurise it) might be an inexpensive solution, although a rather smaller capacity than the standard tank. I'd drill the valve and fuel pipe through the screw-in cap. Otherwise, I've seen small propane bottles converted for use with a primus stove.

If you decide it is all too much effort/expense and you want to offload it, let me know. If it is a version with an oven (030 or 030L), then I'd be interested to discuss, as I'm wanting to change the model fitted in my boat.

Mud

Visit site
That should work
I have heard of people using a bicycle pump to pump up the air in a Taylor's 1.5 gallon tank. Have you thought of making your own pressure tank? The originals come with 3/16 copper tube (Halfords brake pipe) and Wades fittings. A flexible gas pipe is worth considering for the connection to the stove.

Ok thanks. Making one is probably beyond my abilities!:D

Mud

Visit site
Taylors spares are brutally expensive. MSR make lightweight pressurised fuel bottles for mountaineers. One of these (with a bicycle valve to pressurise it) might be an inexpensive solution, although a rather smaller capacity than the standard tank. I'd drill the valve and fuel pipe through the screw-in cap. Otherwise, I've seen small propane bottles converted for use with a primus stove.

If you decide it is all too much effort/expense and you want to offload it, let me know. If it is a version with an oven (030 or 030L), then I'd be interested to discuss, as I'm wanting to change the model fitted in my boat.

I’m beginning to think offloading it is the best idea. Sadly it doesn’t come with the oven part.

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
I will be selling a clean Taylors pressure tank, when I can get to my yacht in about 10 days to remove it.
Will also be selling seperately, an immaculate 028, a battered but working 029, and various new spares eg tools and jets.
(Changing to Origo, life's too short..)

Mud

Visit site
I will be selling a clean Taylors pressure tank, when I can get to my yacht in about 10 days to remove it.
Will also be selling seperately, an immaculate 028, a battered but working 029, and various new spares eg tools and jets.
Please let me know how much you want for the pressure tank when you are ready to sell it.

DonC

Visit site
Hi

is it still for sale?
Regards
David

Gary Fox

N/A
Visit site
Great. Where are you located?
Rgds
David
Boats in E.Cowes and I live locally.
Hold your horses though, I may find it best to sell the tank and gubbins with my shiney 028, then it would be a complete package ready to install. I will try and get it all advertised this week.

TNLI

Visit site
I bought a Taylor’s paraffin stove after feeling sorry for an old dear whose husband had passed away. I hadn’t realised that you needed a pressurised fuel tank believing they were like the Origo alcohol stoves & I’m not keen on paying over £300 for one. It did come with the connection pipe. Is there any cheaper options available to me? Perhaps using the fuel tank from a Tilley lamp?

Got lucky finding a Taylors 029 stove and a tank that I'm connecting at present using 6mm Copper pipes and barrel style Cu olives, (Slightly better than brass as expends at same rate as pipe).

Order details (ebay.co.uk)

Order details (ebay.co.uk)

Also found a repair kit for a burner:
PRIMUS STOVE REGULATING BURNER REPAIR KIT OPTIMUS STOVE TAYLORS STOVE MARINE | eBay

I like Origo stoves and used them for many years, but the Taylors ones are much faster.

Last edited: