Preparing for 1st Channel crossing... Yacht registration...

lustyd

Visit site
It is also a requirement of the SSR to display the number in a prescribed way and using a prescribed format. Template and guidance should have come with your certificate.
This isn't in the current guidelines or instructions that accompany SSR registration. It seems to have been dropped a while ago, mine was 4 years back and nothing about labelling.

lustyd

Visit site
The guidance from the MCA tells you where it should placed - but is widely ignored and just put it where it can easily be seen.
There was a thread a while ago, and nobody could find such a passage that applied to pleasure craft.

lustyd

Visit site
My last application was in 2015 so I am obviously out of date!
That was the problem on the previous threads, lots of people with old letters stating a font size but after lots of searching no current advice was available for SSR aside from that it must be displayed. Many of us were quite sure we'd seen guidance, and turns out much of that was on websites selling lettering.

We ended up using a clear font (Arial I think) in a decent size and cutting vinyl on a Cricut machine at home. We're now 4-5 years in and it's as good as the day we applied it so do recommend this route to anyone who knows someone with the machine.

Tranona

Visit site
Yes, it was a leaflet with a full size template for the letters and to be displayed at the rear of the boat so that it could be viewed from either side. Our local sign writer had the template already on file when I ordered the boat names and number.