Premier Marine Paints Ltd - Antifoul

WFA

Visit site
I have used Premier semi hard antifoul for many years now on a wooden hull that spends approx 8 months cruising from an east coast swinging mooring and remaining months laid up in a mud berth. To date I have been very pleased with Premier's price, application and results.
However, this season Premier have hiked their price by around 50% = £220 for 5 ltrs.
For £90 I have just bought 5 ltrs of Hempel Classic 71200 delivered to my door.
Bottom line - if like me you have to antifoul each season, however good the product is, the cost still matters.

Scubadoo

Visit site
I found it to be a good cheaper product and worked well in Solent area. It is certainly more hard than eroding but was fine and nice to apply. However, over the last few years they hiked the price and it was no longer a "cheaper" good alternative to the mainstream brands, so I changed to Teamac D Plus which was cheaper and more eroding, and most importantly kept the hull clean during the season.

jant

Visit site
I have used premier semi hard for 5 years and was fairly satisfied. Mooring is east coast where fouling can be extremely high when the water becomes warm.
Sadly i I have just looked on the site to place my anual order of 2 2.5 ltrs tins and shocked at the price rise.

oldgit

Visit site
East Coast afloat 24/7/52 with added mud and 50% brackish water.
Have used Shogun 37 for past couple of years seems "OK". Single coat every 12 months.
Boat in use all year, less in winter.
It also just happens to be the cheapest on the shelf.
Looking to buy this years paint, cheapest seems to be a chandlery in Scotland at £130 for 5 litres, free shipping.
Recent run out, 22 knots at WOT, down about 2/3 knots on best ever speed.

Momac

Visit site
I just bought and applied antifoul this weekend.
The price of the paint had risen since the previous occasion but almost everything has increased in price so no surprises there .

I expect biocide free coatings are likely to be a future requirement so perhaps that would be something I will consider next time .