premier - gosport.

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
Lots and lots of movement in the water from passing traffic. You want to be as west as possible to avoid it. You don't really want to be on a, c or the southern side of d if you can help it because there are a lot of charter boats there. When we were bertholders there we ended up on k which was excellent, except for the inevitable knocking around from ferry wash. Great staff in the marina as well, Graham is an excellent manager.

Cheers
Jimmy

fireball

Visit site
We're on the southern side of D atm - it's great for proximity to the site office - which as we're selling seems to be a good idea!! - however, although it gives very quick and easy access to the sea if it was my permanent berth I'd prefer to be further in the marina ....

braehouse

Visit site
We are on I and really like it. The wind tends to be mainly from the SW so we tend to be blown off most of the time. Wash is not to bad, can be a bit bumpy sometimes when a ferry goes past but only lasts for 30 seconds until the next one!

I like the size of the fairways, makes it nice and easy to reverse out!

Marina staff are excellent..........agree with the comment about Graham.........top bloke. For me the whole package is just about right!

Regards

Chris

doris

Visit site
Once you get close to the main walkway the wash is minor. We are on H, a few berths out and the wash is no problem. Out by the breakwater it can be significant, try it and if it's too much either negotiate or leave. A buyers market I suspect. East of the main walkway there is almost no wash and very little tide.

Chrissie

Visit site
My normal berth is the outer end of E, I look out my window at HMS Victory, It gets very bumpy at times, the Gosport ferry can give a lot of wash depending on which skipper is on duty, I live aboard and at present I am further in, where its smoother, just till March.
The team are great but bear in mind various pontoons are designed for various lengths of boat, so if you want a space that fits a bigger boat, you pay extra for it.

rwakeham

Visit site
I have been there for a year and it is a great marina. The staff are fab - very very reliable, nothing is too much trouble. Everything you need is nearby. I am on J pontoon and the wash is not bad. Great showers - but not enough of them in the summer.

Gezzer

Visit site
I am on H about halfway in, wash is not too bad, it soon passes, (i was in town quay in Southampton, now thats constant wash), Marina is good, facilities top notch but as usual not enough of them in summer, good staff, and well serviced by the sailmakers, you leave your sails in a shed with some instructions and a contact details and they collect daily, very good.

Getting to Gosport down the main drag can be a pain at times, but overall i am happy there