Ppalu - Spronk cat - SALVAGE vid

sarabande

Visit site
yes, Rum, but not tragic. If you look at the state of the hull, a huge area along the keelson is rotten, and was not correctly sorted at the previous winter's layup.

I feel sorry for the couple, but 'hamartia' springs to mind. Not gainsaying the commuity effort to help them save her, though; quite remarkable au contraire.

rustybarge

Visit site
yes, Rum, but not tragic. If you look at the state of the hull, a huge area along the keelson is rotten, and was not correctly sorted at the previous winter's layup.

I feel sorry for the couple, but 'hamartia' springs to mind. Not gainsaying the commuity effort to help them save her, though; quite remarkable au contraire.

I'm surprised they didn't notice the rot at the previous refit; looks like you could push your finger right through the hull!

The problem with plywood boats is if water gets behind the skinning epoxy the whole hull will rot very quickly. it only takes a tiny scrape to let moisture in.

....but planked plywood construction is very easy to replace with parallel planks, try that with traditional planking!

Lucky it happened when they were in a shallow harbour.