Post deleted by danfoley

Rabbie

Visit site
Re: MCA info needed

If it helps, though I doubt it, you are not alone. Two weeks ago I emailed them requesting an application form for Part 3 SSR. I eventually received an email with an attachment of the application form to be printed out. This I did and forwarded it with required cheque for fee. A week later, I received by post an application form with no covering letter or anything. Not even a receipt for my fee!. I am still awaiting a reply.
Nincompoops sounds about right. If they dont get the finger out, the guy below will be after them!.
Rab.

<hr width=100% size=1>
chief_clans.jpg

ponapay

Visit site
I find ensuring that

the letter is also sent as a copy to my MP works wonders.

Hitherto uncontactable government departments reply with haste.

<hr width=100% size=1>

celandine

Visit site

I would agree with nincompoop; and add that they can be unhelpful almost to the point of being obstructive.

When I changed the name of my part one registered boat, they made the whole process a misery aswell as expensive.

Mick

<hr width=100% size=1>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site

Regarding my verbal complaint to the MCA re the registration details shown on MARS, I received an answer within three hours by e-mail, I must have just been lucky with a very efficient lady! It did however lead to the register being altered :-

Thank you for your telephone call this morning regarding the incorrect and incomplete information contained in the database accessible via the ITU website. You quoted particularly the instances where boat owners names were in fact the names of next of kin.

Thank you also for raising your concerns as to whether this information would be used in Search and Rescue incidents if a vessel was to get into trouble in foreign waters.

The information contained in this database appears to have come from (or via) the Radio Communications Agency, and it is to them that you should address your concerns. I can confirm that HM Coastguard do not use this source of information in Search and Rescue incidents, and that any information contained in the CG66 database is used only by HM Coastguard - it is retained within this organisation.

We will, however, bring this matter to the attention of the Radio Communications Agency.

Thank you for taking the trouble to bring this matter to our attention.

Yours sincerely

Mrs Wendy Wood
SAR Branch
Maritime and Coastguard Agency
Spring Place
105 Commercial Road
Southampton
SO15 1EG

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

tome

www.google.co.uk

There was some recent posts on this subject to which Mike Martin (Manager, Aeronautical & Maritime Services Section of the RCA) replied - he's a forum regular. As a result, the MARS database was updated to correct the next-of-kin/owner mix up.

Mike also gave an explanation of what had happened.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Hi Fatipa,

If you would like to contact me privately with details, I'll see if I'm able to identify a suitable contact for you.

Gents all,

In the meantime I would warn against tarring the MCA as a whole with the same brush as there are in fact (what were) 3 totally separate entities in there and they all have very different priorities.

Regarding the copying of a letter to an MP, I hate to break it to you all BUT it actually doesn't make any difference to the speed of answers (even if the MP is the SoS for the particular department) this goes double for copies to RYA and other bodies. Sending your letter through an MP makes it take about 3 times longer to get a reply. The funniest thing about it (to me anyway) is that even when you do go through all this, the reply will still have been written by the person you started off with but just signed by his/her Chief Executive, Minister etc.

tome thank you for that reminder of the already dusted subject.

See ya.
Mike

<hr width=100% size=1>Manager,
Aeronautical & Maritime Services Section,
Radiocommunications Agency

Happy1

N/A
Visit site

I realise that as it was my thread asking people to check if they were properly registered on MARS, which Mike kindly replied to !!

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>